Epson salts?

Old 11-19-2010, 05:19 AM

I get my epson salts in the pharmacy isle at walmart, and soak in it for fibro it really helps.
retiac
Old 11-19-2010, 09:06 AM

My MIL owned a natural food store for years. She had a bath soak recipe that used Epsom salt, french green clay, borax and essential oil. It soothed the muscles and softened and detoxified the skin. It was amazing. A long bath before bed and you sleep like a baby.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:21 AM

I'm a convert. When my grandparents talked about it when I was younger I thought they were making it all up. What did I know? Now that I'm a lot older, I swear by it. I couldn't live without it when I worked retail being on my feet, pounding the pavement. It's a staple now in my first aid supplies.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Power Poster

I guess I should try some!
Old 11-19-2010, 12:26 PM

Yes it does work. Box usually tells you, but google on the web and there are many articles about it.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I buy Epson Salt by the 10 pound bag. As a nurseryman, my late DH used hundreds of pounds of it every year for the plants. It is not a sodium, and it supplies much needed magnesium to plants and animals and humans. In fact, some bottled waters that say they have "minerals" in it also have Epsom Salt..usually called Magnesium Sulfate. Check them out. You don't need to take so much you have what is called "Explosive decompression" but need just a little.

To start with, when I find it on sale, I do as DH used to, I hurl lots of it about in the back yard, making sure that all the plants in pots get their fair share.

Go to the Internet and check out all the ways you can use it.
it is also great for palm trees grass will get very green around them
Old 11-19-2010, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter
We have a massage therapist come to work every couple of months and give free massages. (I think the campus pays her to come) Anyway, today I had a massage and she worked on my shoulder that has been sore and bothering me. She advised me to get some epson salts and soak a towel in hot epson salts water and it may draw out the soreness.

I was surprised. I thought epson salts was some kind of old fashioned, old-wife's tale. (and I am not all that young at all!)

Do any of you use epson salts? Does it really work? How do you use it? How much salts to how much water?

Thanks!
Only know that I've learned to use it for my horses feet when they were laminitic -- it helped draw out the abcesses and such. I've soaked my own feet with it since then -- it helps. I always keep Epson Salts in our bathroom.

Don't know -- but they do help.

Lindda
Old 11-19-2010, 05:33 PM

This article states 13 ways to use epsom salts - I'm sure there are more. We used it for a completely different medical purpose when we were children.
http://www.care2.com/greenliving/use...ful-ways.html#
Old 11-19-2010, 07:49 PM

MY DH uses it daily for his leg. He had a severe blood clot in his lower leg, 12 years ago. When he skips a few days his leg begins to swell and turn dark at the site of the old clot. Epsom salts allows him to continue to do the work he loves. He is a construction site flagger, and would be crushed if he had to give it up. I can't say enough about how Epsom salts work for many things. They can even be used as a laxative, but be careful, you don't want to overdo this use!
Old 11-19-2010, 08:22 PM

When I do a lot of yard work, I pour it on a very warm tub and sink down to my neck in it. It really helps with the sore muscles. I stay till it gets cold and get out. It really is good stuff.