Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival

Old 02-23-2011, 08:32 AM

Sounds great! See you there. Don't forget to bring some preprinted address labels if you have them, they make it easier to enter all the beautiful raffles. There will be lunches and snacks available, but I usually stuff some granola bars in my pockets so I don't have to stop! Also, there is usually 2 lines for entry tickets, 1 for if you have exact change ($14), which goes faster. I think the coat check was $2 last year, they would hold packages, too. Hopefully they will do that this year.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:46 PM

I'm leaving early tomorrow morning from North Carolina so I'll get there to see it tomorrow and Saturday and if I need more time, will stay for Sunday too!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:58 PM

Machel and I will be there Saturday. Might be toting Shari along with us, not sure as of yet if she is going.
We will try to make the meetup.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:16 PM

Was going to try to attend, but am now working full time trying to catch my grandson up on 'home schooling'. His mother had the brilliant idea that she could teach him at home this year - but she's not good at follow through if you know what I mean. So now he has 3/4s of a school years work to do between now and June. She wasn't making any attempt to 'school' him, so I'm doing it over the internet.

He's being a real champ about it, and sticking with me for about 6 hours a day. He tells me that I am 'hard core' when it comes to school.

Wish I didn't have to be 'hard core', but if I don't do it this way, it won't get done.

Unfortunately, we will be working weekends, too.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by cathyvv
Was going to try to attend, but am now working full time trying to catch my grandson up on 'home schooling'. His mother had the brilliant idea that she could teach him at home this year - but she's not good at follow through if you know what I mean. So now he has 3/4s of a school years work to do between now and June. She wasn't making any attempt to 'school' him, so I'm doing it over the internet.

He's being a real champ about it, and sticking with me for about 6 hours a day. He tells me that I am 'hard core' when it comes to school.

Wish I didn't have to be 'hard core', but if I don't do it this way, it won't get done.

Cathy...Good for you for helping out...he is getting not just an education, but great bonding time with his grandmother!

How to make the quilt show EDUCATIONAL...
It's ART, it's HOME EC, it's MATH...come on, you can find LOTS of ways to make it fit SOMEWHERE in his curriculum!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:59 AM

One hint, if you are there on Sunday afternoon late you can often get better deals on items. Vendors want to carry back as little as possible so many mark down items.

It was very crowded yesterday (Friday), busiest I have seen it since it moved. I am contemplating going back down.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by cathyvv

This little guy was "with" me from 2 years old until 8 years old. We're very close. DD is an 'idea' person. She gets an idea and everyone else has to pick up the pieces when the idea doesn't work. Unfortunately, DGS is in Ohio and I am in SC, so much as I would love to take him to a quilt show, it's just not going to happen.

My DH tells me I can't save the world...true, but I want so much to help this one child become a good man.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:02 PM

I have been there Wed evening, all day Thurs, Friday and Saturday! Whew! Who knew it could be soooo much fun and sooo tiring!
Old 02-26-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by vicatwork
I have been there Wed evening, all day Thurs, Friday and Saturday! Whew! Who knew it could be soooo much fun and sooo tiring!
Oooh, sorry you didn't make it to our little meet-up... I met with Rose Hall, her mom and son at 11:30 today...

The show WAS very crowded!!! And fabulous...
Old 02-28-2011, 01:01 PM

We need to have more people meet up next year on Saturday--we can meet for lunch--buy it there or bring your own.
I thought Saturday was not as crowded as Friday. Also, I didn't think there were as many quilts as last year and a ton more vendors than last year. Anyone else notice that?

Rose Hall