Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
How I center my fabric on my embroidery hoop >

How I center my fabric on my embroidery hoop

How I center my fabric on my embroidery hoop

Old 01-21-2011, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by sentra
I have the Designer Diamond and can not figure out how to digitize. I met a lady that embroidered some lacey
squares and added some small circles by digitizing. I was
told it was not easy. She used the Precious Crochet #217,
I have it also. Can you help me? And I'm also learning so
much. Thanks so much, Marie
You just have to read the manual and play around with it. I was having trouble too, till I started clicking on things on the screen to find out what they did. I didn't know you could completely eliminate a color in a design. You also should be able to get some time with your Viking dealer. Mine is great, I can call her and she will walk me through something on the phone. Then if I still have trouble she will set up a time for me to come in and sit down with her. So far I haven't had to do that; but I am an adventureous sort. I just wish I had more time to play with it. I love that you can download from the computer to the machine in just seconds, without having to deal with memory sticks, etc. And the large hoops!!!! Man oh man!!! PM me if you have any more questions.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:30 AM

<Sewnsewer2 - quote: Yes, do save your good practice stitch outs and remember to do a practice BEFORE you stitch the design on the real thing.
Look what I made from some of mine. It made a great gift!>
- - - - - -

I can see your little mascot giving the "meow" approval. That looks very nice - gave me some ideas to make the stitch outs useful.
Marysewfun
Old 01-21-2011, 01:58 PM

I think I've probably tried most of these methods but still find it hardest if I'm embroidering on an article already made up.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by WVNana
Thanks for the support guys. Dawn that quilt is gorgeous!
:thumbup:
Thanks.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:15 AM

Thanks Dawn for sharing your quilt that you made. I'm going to a sewing retreat next weekened and was wondering what I was going to do. Now I know. Thanks a bunch ! And Carol,Dawn is right about practicing. Also write down what you learn so as to not forget. I'm talking from experience. ha,ha, Connie
Old 01-22-2011, 04:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by frogette
Thanks Dawn for sharing your quilt that you made. I'm going to a sewing retreat next weekened and was wondering what I was going to do. Now I know. Thanks a bunch ! And Carol,Dawn is right about practicing. Also write down what you learn so as to not forget. I'm talking from experience. ha,ha, Connie
You're welcome.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:16 PM

I'm new to emb too and I must say that dadgum machine scares me. I just don't understand it. I bought it used and although I have the manual etc. I just don't get it. Any suggestions? Thanks
I'm also totally new to the embroidery machine and got a used Janome 300e embroidery machine. I have the manual but I also agree it sure is a learning curve that I just don't get - and I kind of tip toe past the machine to get to my Janome 660P that I love and feel so comfortable sitting in front of.

I sure wish I had someone close to me to help. I've even looked for lessons but havn't had and luck so far.

Pat
Old 01-22-2011, 08:33 PM

have had 3 different brands of emb machines in the last few years and the hoops all had 1 thing in common. there is a mark on each one in the center top and bottom and on the sides. depending on the machine the side marks might not measure exactly in the center. use those marks anyhow when lining up your fabric. the configuration of some machines allow for emb foot to sew closer to the hoop edge than others. i finger press folds to mark my fabric. the machine starts sewing where the digitizer started the design not the center of the hoop. keep your manual next to your machine and use it don't be afraid to call your dealer and the machine manufaturer for help. its usually part of their sales package.
for those of you that don't have dealer support or classes and have 4D emb system check into the Simply Everything teach me videos by diana cedolia and kothy hafersat. you can learn to digitize and do almost anything with the program. their address is www.simplydianaandkothy.com. i asked for the videos for bday and christmas, lucky me i got them. pm me if you need more help
Old 01-23-2011, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by PghPat
I'm new to emb too and I must say that dadgum machine scares me. I just don't understand it. I bought it used and although I have the manual etc. I just don't get it. Any suggestions? Thanks
I'm also totally new to the embroidery machine and got a used Janome 300e embroidery machine. I have the manual but I also agree it sure is a learning curve that I just don't get - and I kind of tip toe past the machine to get to my Janome 660P that I love and feel so comfortable sitting in front of.

I sure wish I had someone close to me to help. I've even looked for lessons but havn't had and luck so far.

Pat
You sound just like me! :thumbdown: Mine is a Bernina 180 I want very much to master that baby, but you're right I tiptoe past it and go to my Bernina 145, which I love. I know it's silly to let a machine buffalo me like that, but ...
Old 01-23-2011, 11:14 AM

I'll try their website and see if I can do any better. :?: Thanks for your help. I'll keep you guys posted.
Bev