Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Great find at the grocery store! >
  • Great find at the grocery store!

• Great find at the grocery store!

Old 02-03-2011, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by TrenaM
    Just passing along the great thing I found at the grocery store. I was looking for a larger ziplock bag to store UFO's. 1 gallon is too small and the storage ones were too big. They now have 2 gallon size that is just perfect for this....and lots of other things. Walmart had them in our town but looked in a neighboring store and no luck.
    They are a great size. Somewhere I found a ziplock "L" size which is good, too, but they are harder to find. Most stores carry the "XL" or XXL.
    Old 02-03-2011, 06:28 AM

Mighty Dollar has really nice heavy ones with handles and they come in L and XL (2 per box). The last time I was there they were out of the XL. I use them for carrying individual projects, which in my case frequently turn into WIP's.
    Old 02-03-2011, 06:42 AM

I just found them at the dollar store!
    Old 02-03-2011, 06:46 AM

I was hunting for some fabric for a project, just this morning and found other fabric I'd put together for placemats. I removed those chunks of fabric and thought, I'd stick them togther in a 2 gal. zip bag. I went to the kitchen and found the box to be empty! No more in the closet either. They are very useful for many things besides food storage. :P
    Old 02-03-2011, 07:20 AM

Been using for years. A folded quilt top fits perfect in one when waiting to be quilted. Can't live with out my Ziplocs
    Old 02-03-2011, 08:04 AM

A year ago during the holiday season, Ziploc had the large 2 gal. size with snowflakes printed on them. My Kroger had only a few. I bought them and gave one to my mother and shared mine with my daughter. I asked the manager when they would get them again, he said next year, well I looked this holiday season and they are no where to be found. Manager said Ziploc did not make them this year....and there are no 2 gallon size on their shevles at all.....We don't have Safeways anymore, our WalMart doesn't know what I'm talking about....If anyone knows of an online source, let us know.....I'm going to amazon now. D in Tx
    Old 02-03-2011, 08:45 AM

I found some great bags at the dollar store. They have large and extra large. But the big difference is they are 3 for a $1.00. Just as nice as the ziplock but much cheaper. I use them for my cross stitch projects as well as keeping some of my quilting projects together.
    Old 02-03-2011, 09:03 AM

Mine are Hefty one zip 2 gal. I didn't think Ziploc made a 2 gal. Can't remember where I bought but I think it was Walmart.
    Old 02-03-2011, 09:44 AM
    MM

I love the 2 gallon bags. Have used them to organize all my current and future projects. Haven't found them at our WM, but the grocery store carries them...it's their own brand.

Never thought to check a dollar store. Thanks for being specific about it being Dollar Tree...there are too many chains of dollar stores and they sure don't carry the same things nor have the same prices.
    Old 02-03-2011, 10:00 AM
    nab

I love all the zip lock bags. I work with a gal whose daughter lives in Africa. Her MIL is African. Anyway, Beth gave her some zip lock bags. You would have thought she gave her a block of gold. Beth is here visiting her family and when I asked what she was taking her MIL the answer was zip lock bags. It is amazing the things we take for granted.