Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rotary cutter blades >

Rotary cutter blades

Rotary cutter blades

Old 02-05-2011, 09:21 AM

I have purchased these blades on line from HF. I have yet to use them. I ordered 2 packages, but, when you order online they require you to buy $10.00 or more purchase. They canceled the first order. I then ordered 10 packages and was on back order for about a month and a half. I now have 10 packages which should last for quite sometime. Even if I have to replace more often, to me it is still cheaper than buying name brand blades, especially for me. I live in a small rural town
Old 02-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by EagarBeez
I have purchased these blades on line from HF. I have yet to use them. I ordered 2 packages, but, when you order online they require you to buy $10.00 or more purchase. They canceled the first order. I then ordered 10 packages and was on back order for about a month and a half. I now have 10 packages which should last for quite sometime. Even if I have to replace more often, to me it is still cheaper than buying name brand blades, especially for me. I live in a small rural town
yeah I looked into them online and it is not easy to get them....I too live in a rural area and have no quilt shops, or HF, so buy everything online!

will find someone who lives near one to help me out I guess....noticed their website has a store location search!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:53 AM

I have had the same HF blade in my cutter for about 7-8 months. It is still very sharp. I figure that if it is good enough to cut carpet it is certainly good enough to cut fabric. I find I don't need to put so much pressure on them as they are sooo sharp.. Even if I did have to change every month or so, with the price difference I am not going to complain.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by cr12cats
instead of over stock .com for 30 i order mine through jhittlesewing.com for 14.95 for a package of ten. they work great. HF here never has any in stock so i do it that way
OMG i just went to the website you gave me. It is amazing and a lot cheaper. Thanks a million. I buy a lot of blades because my hands are so weak and can't push hard on the fabric so whenever the blades get a little dull i have to replace it .

Thanks again
Old 02-05-2011, 08:49 PM

I was at our Harbor Freight this afternoon but they were out of the blades, so will check again next week maybe. I would be willing to try them for the price only because the ones I buy now, I think, are very expensive. Since fabric is getting so expensive, I'll have to start being more frugal in my shopping. Hancocks is now selling the remnents @ 70% off instead of 80% .
The stores are cutting everything they can and raising prices everyday. Cotton has gone out of sight. Just think of all the Egyptian Cotton that we use in lots of goods.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:29 AM

Need Help...Just went to Harbor Freight web site and typed in rotary cutter blades and Saw Blades came up. Cant find them. Thank you in advance for your help.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:39 AM

I was just at Harbor Freight yesterday buying a magnetic telescoping pickup tool for my sister - keep it by the sewing machine to pick up pins - godsend!!!!! ($1.77) Anyhow, the lady says to me "Oh, you're the one that came in and bought all those rotary blades." "Yes", I said. (I had bought 20 packages - 14 for me and 6 for my friend). I had to wait for them for about two months and I had a rain check for A$1.49 each. When I got them they were up to $1.99 and yesterday she told me that they still haven't gotten any more in. These'll last me for the rest of my life. I also got the free flash light. Fantastic little bugger - brighter than all git out! I use it when I have thread problems with the machine (like finding the hole the thread goes through (know what I mean???????)

That's just my HF story for the day! I didn't have the coupon with me so I didn't get the freebie, which I think was some kind of clamping tool or something! Edie
Old 02-06-2011, 05:12 AM

Here is the information to buy them at Harbor freight. "package of two carpet cutter replacement blades. Item #97642.

I first purchased these at harbor freight when it was first mentioned on this site. Of course the store was out so I ordered them online. I bought 60 packages for me and my friends. (I plan on quilting for a long time :) )

When I ordered these online it took over a month for them to arrive because they were on back order. (All the quilters must have found out about them.) I guess another reason I ordered so many is because I thought maybe harbor freight would figure out how much they could charge for these and I wanted a stash before that happened.

I have not noticed any difference with these blades compared to any other brand. One person did mention that they made more marks on their mats but I have not noticed this.

Oh my, after typing this I think I should order more. I could always will them to my daughter if I didn't use them all. :)
Old 02-06-2011, 06:24 AM

I bought mine from HF on line. Be careful that the round hole works for your cutter before you buy too many :-)
Old 02-06-2011, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jackie D
Need Help...Just went to Harbor Freight web site and typed in rotary cutter blades and Saw Blades came up. Cant find them. Thank you in advance for your help.
Type in carpet cutter blades and you will see them.