Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-05-2011, 06:58 AM

i got thru some more of this thread, and i see you must have made a list. ok, ok, ok. if i'm too late, then i will lurk. but i'm still in.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I should take a photo of me naked
PLEASE do not post it here. I know we all want to lose weight but I don't want people up chucking lunch on their key board just to lose and oz or 2 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-05-2011, 07:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sewNso
i ran into this thread a couple months ago, and promptly forgot about it. it's the 5th, i know the deadline was the 2nd. i'm joining anyway, unless you alllllll say, 'get out. not allowed'. i can afford to lose a fat quater. but as fat as i am, you all, may end up sending me the fat quarters.......... going to go back upstairs and weight. count me in. fat granny with company this month, so we will see......
if you don't care that we have had 5 days head start on dieting then I don't. you're in!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by gailifer
Don't have a poor perception of yourself there Tru-you can continue to give all the possible reasons why you doubt his interest in you-Wanting to bring you a Birthday Cake-is sweet-I would hope it's not for other reasons. It's good to be pessimistic. No guarantees on life-but you need to move forward and take the chance-You have alot to offer-Your honest, sense of humor, good heart-take no crap attitude-good coke- and beautiful (remember we know each other a long time) don't doubt yourself. Though you have a disability doesn't mean that someone can't be genuine and looks beyond that.

Philopshy Class 1010 by Gailifer is over-there will be a test at the End of next Week :mrgreen: :lol:
thanks Gail for the pep talk{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}
Old 03-05-2011, 07:28 AM
Banned

[quote=Leann TruPeach, I am really grateful that you allow a wide range of topics on this thread.

I wanna know what quilting you are working on? I am hand quilting a top that was hand pieced by my great grandmother.[/quote]

We talk about EVERYTHING here. That is why in the rules I write that we do and if a person would complain don't join. With sharing so much we do get closer. We have been through each others trails and tribulations. Since I started the weight loss thread almost a year ago there is a small group that don't quit after the first month. We have shared laughter and tears., joys and sorrows. We have become very close. We love and care for each other and each others family.

I love that fact that you are working on your great grandmas quilt. I looked at the link. It is so basic and yet so beautiful.

I am working on a St Francis panel quilt for my son who is at Franciscan University, a baby quilt with baby Jesus and angels, and a memory quilt for my friend whos mom passes away July 2010. I had piece and quilt.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Leann
Originally Posted by cjomomma
Turtle hint: It has to do with men! Now use your imagination!
ROFLMAO!!!!!
yea but those men have a little something extra!!!!!! something God gave them but a doctor took away when they were just days old.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by purplemem

I tend to think "whole hog". If I am fat, I am ugly, if I am ugly, I am worthless, if I am worthless, what's the point of living?
OMG this is not me with being fat but with me being disabled.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:34 AM

That turtle sandwich pic was just plain disturbing.... who came up with that!!! YUK!!

OK.. confession time... I fell off the wagon last ngiht..... friends called and we went... I drank alcohol/coke..... at least I only had 2 to their 6 .... but didnt need the extra calories... I held out and didn't meet them until after I had my dinner... so that was a plus.....

Pilaties is SOOOO boring... I'd do out of what little bit of my mind I have left..... exercise in general is just boring to me.... in the summer I try to ride my bike... but in the winter.. I plant my butt in front of the sewing machine or the TV...... and try to stay away from the refrig......sigh
Old 03-05-2011, 07:34 AM

I am working on waayyy too much. (as usual) I'm finishing my DD's CARE package...4 kids quilts, a diaper bag, burp cloths, bibs.

I am also making the same kind of package for a friend, whose first GS was born yesterday.

I am sewing a quilt of 6 inch blocks for another friend.

Time to get back to sewing! Yikes!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:38 AM
Banned

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!