Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Downy Charity Quilts for kids - Includes Link to Free Kits - >

Downy Charity Quilts for kids - Includes Link to Free Kits -

Downy Charity Quilts for kids - Includes Link to Free Kits -

Old 02-24-2010, 04:56 AM

Fabricmom: What a fun, cheery quilt. Thanks for sharing your generous work.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:22 AM

Thanks for the site, I signed up for mine. Will let you know when I receive it. :D
Old 02-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Google Goddess

Hi,

I also signed up today! I will let you know when I get the kit and will take a photo before I mail it back!

Karen "Craftybear"

Originally Posted by Sharon M
Thanks for the site, I signed up for mine. Will let you know when I receive it. :D
Old 02-26-2010, 07:39 AM

Fabric mom...what a great comforty quilt for kids-love the cheerful fabric. I am seeing some very nice quilts from all of you. I chickened out the other day ordering my kit because i am afraid it won't be good enough as I am a self taught quilter and don't follow patterns well. But such a great cause maybe I will just have to get over my nerves.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:55 AM

I've been doing Quilts for Kids for about a year now. They will let you do as many as you can turn out in a timely manner. I'm working a challenge right now. For each kit they send, you return it with a quilt you made from your stash. I'm almost finished quilting one, have one sandwiched and ready for quilting and two more tops to put together. I love it. I learn, get my practice, and it's for a GREAT cause! Thanks to all of you who have volunteered to make a quilt for QFK! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Doug
Old 02-26-2010, 08:01 AM

Jump right in with both feet. I am also a self taught quilter. Never had any kind of class. It's a great way to get your practice in for heirloom quilts later on. I've lost count of how many I've made (and I don't think any were perfect, lol) but it's the joy I get from making them and knowing they are going to someone who will love them no matter what despite the mistakes. Take the plunge, and if you don't like it you don't have to make another one, just remember the cause.
Doug
Old 02-26-2010, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by grammo013
I just got mine today to. I am going to open a chapter here in Mid MI. I will get you all the kits you can use.

Linda D MI
Hi Linda,
If you open a chapter, LMK, I'd love to join.

Have you made it to CO yet? I was there for Thanksgiving and I'm hoping to make it in late March or April. Found High Country Quilts the last two times I was there. Ouch - that was expensive. Is your daughter still out there? Stopped by the store in the mall when I was there a year ago and she wasn't working. Is she still at that same store? That is quite a mall.

Kathy
Old 02-26-2010, 10:37 AM
Banned

i love the fabs they put in the kits
i can't wait to see yours
Old 02-26-2010, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Jump right in with both feet. I am also a self taught quilter. Never had any kind of class. It's a great way to get your practice in for heirloom quilts later on. I've lost count of how many I've made (and I don't think any were perfect, lol) but it's the joy I get from making them and knowing they are going to someone who will love them no matter what despite the mistakes. Take the plunge, and if you don't like it you don't have to make another one, just remember the cause.
Doug
Ok I did it, its for a great cause and I had to just get over that it might not be perfect but just knowing it will be appreciated is enough.
thank-you all for your encouragment.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:58 AM

we have 2 quilts so far from the great state of South Dakota. It would be fun to see what state has the most quilts sent in..