Arbonne vs Mary Kay

Old 02-27-2011, 01:15 PM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

Covergirl DOES test on animals
Old 02-27-2011, 03:29 PM

Never heard of Arbonne but have been using Mary Kay for years.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:08 AM

I have sold both BeautiControl and Arbonne and have used MK. All three are good lines though I liked the Arbonne the best for skin care and for the color line I like the BeautiControl. MaryKay is just a heavier feeling makeup and just as expensive as the others. You really only need a cleanser and moisturizer, day and night for your skin care and that makes it alot less expensive. All the other stuff is nice but not necessary.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:56 PM

Is it going to make you look that much more beautiful? My sister used to try to get me to wear makeup. I tried it, first Merle Norman then Clinique, then Lancome. First of all let me say that I always wanted to wear makeup but alway hated it. I did try tho. I couldn't tell that any of it made me look any better. I think it is attractive if it enhances your looks but I can't stand to see women with pancake or powder creased in their wrinkles or look like they have made themselves a whole new face. My sister was a pretty woman and she used covergirl and mableen. But it took her a couple of hours to put on her makeup. I just like the natural look on myself. Just lipstick and blush. I guess what I am saying, does the brand make that much difference if you aren't allergic to it? Now ya'll don't BO-O-O-O me!!!
Old 03-01-2011, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by drgranny
I guess what I am saying, does the brand make that much difference if you aren't allergic to it?
Yes. ;)

I'm a lifelong makeup wearer and I like it. I need the coverage for rosacea and skin damage, and as additional protection against the sun (I'm very fair). Without drawing on eyebrows and lashes I look like I don't have any. It's more post-apocalyptic than natural. It's not good.

Makeup brands can be very different. More expensive does not mean better, but sometimes more expensive brands are better anyway. It's hard to know until you wear something for a while, which is why so many women have makeup graveyards in their bathrooms.

Fortunately I think it's fun to try new items. I can certainly respect that it isn't fun for you, and if you don't feel the need to wear it you probably save a fortune in money - and time!
Old 03-01-2011, 05:50 PM

OH, good!! You didn't BO-O-O me!
Old 03-01-2011, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by drgranny
OH, good!! You didn't BO-O-O me!
HECK no! I'm jealous, girl! LOL
Old 03-02-2011, 12:48 AM

I have to admit I have never heard of Arbonne either. Local dept. store sells the Lancome, Clinique and Estee Lauder brands. I've been an Avon user and sales rep. for over 15 years. Far more affordable, and if the color isn't right or product doesn't "feel" the way my customers want it, it can be returned for full refund, or exchange for different color, etc. Avon also does not test on animals.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:59 AM

Mary Kay began in 1963, I became a consultant in 1970 and was active for 10 years - No Cadillacs, No Crowns, but a lot of Dallas Seminars with a great group of people. Love the product and still use the skin care products. Never heard of the other product you mentioned. What if you don't like it after you spend your $300.?
I'd suggest you ask cousin for enough product to last you a week, in that time you'd know if you like it or if you develop an allergy.
Good luck