Anyone else have Yorkies?

Old 03-24-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by yorkielvr
I also love yorkies. I've had 5 in the past. Now I only have Skeeter left. He is 11 years old and very tempermental. He's the boss and there's no 2 ways about it. 3 were rescue dogs and my female and present male, I bought. They were all so different but yet so much alike in mannerisms. Now we have 2 rescue dogs that are designer breeds(in other words, mixed breeds) and our one yorkie. He's still the boss though. :D
My little male is Skeeter, too!
Old 03-24-2011, 11:25 AM

I don't have a Yorkie ( a sheltie and a schnauzer), but have this observation... when I was in Spain visiting with my dd, we noticed that most dogs on the streets were recognizable breeds - mostly West Highland Terriers, Schnauzers, chihuahuas and Yorkies with Yorkies out numbering the others two to one. Erin isn't a fan of Yorkies but then we saw some puppies in a pet store and she fell in love. They ARE the cutest pups ever.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:35 AM

Nope we have 2 sister Beagles
Old 03-24-2011, 11:53 AM

Mamagus, I love the quilt in your avatar!!! We saw puffins when we were in Newfoundland a few years ago. Such a beautiful country & such kind people!!!! Thank you all for what your countrymen did for us on 9-11...it won't be forgotten.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:31 PM

We have two--Zoey and Toby. We just love their antics. They each have their own personality.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Dkm

I don't have a dog now mine died a few years back and we never got another one, but I have always wanted a Yorkie.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:43 PM

I have enjoyed the Yorkie stories. we have Patch an 11 yr old with diabeties and getting cataracs. He is not as active, but gets great energy spurts. The there is Ranger........ 1yr old. Was told he is all Yorkie, but not. he is tall (long legs and skinny), has an underbite bad, and floppy ears. Everything else is all yorkie. I really think ,and so does the vet, that he has something else in him. just a little. Patch goes every where I go, but is not a lap dog. Ranger doesnt want to miss a thing, and is the lap dog. If I dont put the foot rest up on the recliner he will walk around and around me until I do. He also is vocal. he makes yalls and yolls and stuff. sounds like he is really talking to you. LOL
Old 03-24-2011, 01:49 PM

I have a yorkiepoo called buttons when she wants something she crawls into your lap and puts her paws around you neck to give you a hug, when you give her what she wants she brings you one of her babies (stuffed toy) in payment
Old 03-24-2011, 02:41 PM

I have 2 yorkies, 1 male, 1 female, and they are inseparable now that their alpha leader died. I had a male yorkie for 18 years and it about killed me when he died. My female is 13 and my male is 12 and they are both only 5 and 6 pounds. They are part of the family and they sleep with us and love it when the kids and grandkids come over. When the babies are here, the male takes it upon himself to watch over the baby. It is so cute. He stands guard, sometimes even against the mom. Just to make sure no one hurts the baby. Even though he's only 5 pounds himself. I guess it makes him feel important. They are the only breed I would have now,and I have had many different breeds over my lifetime. They are a hoot to have.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
Otis, the problem with the two girls fighting is probably a dominance problem. You have two queen bees and fighting girls can be nasty. That is why I have my Cavalier Molly. She was causing fights with all of the other girls even her mother and grandmother at her breeders. To maintain peace, Molly had to move. There's no problem at my house - she's an only dog!
Oh my gosh! A friend of mine had a cavalier also, also named Molly, who did the same dominance thing and had to be moved! She would start fights with the other dogs who were there first.