royal wedding

Old 04-26-2011, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Maride
DVR and watch later, skipping over all the long boring parts.
Me too :D
Old 04-26-2011, 02:29 PM

I will probably be up so I am going to get me a hot cup of tea and some cookies and enjoy it!
Old 04-26-2011, 04:02 PM

I am contemplating it .... as a Brit living in AK it will be hard to resist - wonder if I can get up in time?

This is quite a modern match - 2 young people who have lived together, Kate is much older than Diana was when she got married. This is a love match rather than a young lady being selected to produce a "heir and a spare".

Looking forward to all the pomp and circumstance!
Old 04-26-2011, 04:22 PM

Probably not for me, I understand they make a cute couple but looking at the history of the Royal family members that have gotten married and there isn't none of them that is still together they are all divorced.
I don't know what is in store for this couple I truly wish them the best. I don't know how any marriage can survive being in the public spotlight with every move they make. I'd like to see how much of the taxpaying dollars that is being spent on this activity.
There will not be a TV channel to watch on that day, everyone will be rebroadcasting for 24 hours so you can't help but see part of the event.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I didn't know it was this Friday!
It depends on what time the Yankees are playing lol

I love that kid though, he looks so sweet!! I remember watching Charles & Diana get married. She was such a lovely woman :)
I lost interest in the Royals after she died, sad to say but true.
Reality hurts: For Diana they lived happily everafter. was just a fairy tale.

I hope William and Kate follow Diana's steps in bringing social issues to the forefront.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:15 AM
BMP

I am !! I wouldnt miss it...
Old 04-27-2011, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I've had several jury duty trials. They all have been very interesting and memorable.

Be sure to get there early so you can find a good parking space.
Take picture ID and the letter from the jury commissioner.
Take a small paperback to read while waiting to be called.
Turn off your cell phone.
Be sure to go to the rest room before this, you're going to be sitting for a LONG time if chosen.

You will be asked if you know any of the people in front of the jury box. If you can answer "my brother is the arresting officer" then, trust me, you will be excused instantly by the accused' lawyer.
Don't ask me how I know.
That is so funny, lol. I just finished a 3 mo. segment of Federal Jury- Feb. 1-Apr. 30. I was on call but never did have to go to Court to actually serve, but it sure puts a cramp into making plans. Every scheduled date was changed to call again. Finally on Monday when I called the recording said I would not be called and not have to check in again. Then I rec. a call from the Court telling me the same thing later in the evening. I was not disappointed to say the least. Very fortnuate that the Fed. Courthouse is here in town, so I wouldn't have had to travel but a mile to get there.
I love your excuse, was this just a fluke and a way to get out of serving or do you actually have a brother who is a police officer, just curious.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by thrums
Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I didn't know it was this Friday!
It depends on what time the Yankees are playing lol

I love that kid though, he looks so sweet!! I remember watching Charles & Diana get married. She was such a lovely woman :)
I lost interest in the Royals after she died, sad to say but true.
Reality hurts: For Diana they lived happily everafter. was just a fairy tale.

I hope William and Kate follow Diana's steps in bringing social issues to the forefront.
They are off to a good start, asking for charity donations instead of wedding presents -- an excellent idea, IMHO.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:26 AM

Sorry this is a double post.Gerbie

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I've had several jury duty trials. They all have been very interesting and memorable.

Be sure to get there early so you can find a good parking space.
Take picture ID and the letter from the jury commissioner.
Take a small paperback to read while waiting to be called.
Turn off your cell phone.
Be sure to go to the rest room before this, you're going to be sitting for a LONG time if chosen.

You will be asked if you know any of the people in front of the jury box. If you can answer "my brother is the arresting officer" then, trust me, you will be excused instantly by the accused' lawyer.
Don't ask me how I know.
That is so funny, lol. I just finished a 3 mo. segment of Federal Jury- Feb. 1-Apr. 30. I was on call but never did have to go to Court to actually serve, but it sure puts a cramp into making plans. Every scheduled date was changed to call again. Finally on Monday when I called the recording said I would not be called and not have to check in again. Then I rec. a call from the Court telling me the same thing later in the evening. I was not disappointed to say the least. Very fortnuate that the Fed. Courthouse is here in town, so I wouldn't have had to travel but a mile to get there.
I love your excuse, was this just a fluke and a way to get out of serving or do you actually have a brother who is a police officer, just curious.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:27 AM

I'll be up at 5 a.m. to watch. I love all the big, fancy hats and, of course, interested in "the Dress" and what the bridesmaids, the Queen, and Camilla will be wearing.