tornadoes

Old 05-01-2011, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by nana20010
to all our on lines friends in the torandoe areas my god be with each and ever 1 thinking of each and everone millie ak nana20010
Our family is ok. We didn't have any damage, and we finally got power back on, but we have family near Hatton, AL, and that area was hit very badly. But our family members are ok, with no damage to their property. Some of our family in the Tuscaloosa area lost property, but they're ok, too. Please continue to remember them in prayer.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:35 AM
Banned

Well if the storms were not bad enough now we have flooding :roll:

My home will not be affected but there are a lot of them that will though. We have two rivers here the Mississippi and the Wolf that will do the most damage or is doing the most damage right now. They said the Wolf is at the crest but with all of this rain we are getting it is probably gong to go up way more.

We had 12" of rain in 2 days and now we are supposed to be getting close to 10"+ in the next three days. The mountain bike trails I ride all of the time are under 12' of water and there are a lot of neighborhoods and businesses flooded and will be from what we are getting for the next few days.

They say that this will beat the great flood of '37

Billy
Old 05-01-2011, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
My neighborhood looks like a war zone and we had the 117mph straight line winds. Lucky for me we never lost power but our phone lines were out. There are only 10 homes in my neighborhood with electricity, and all you can hear outside are generators and chain saws running. I am going to have to put a roof on my house and cut a tree down but other than that I should be okay. Might as well go ahead and relandscape the thing, my yard is ruined from all of the tree limbs falling and the rain.

But there was at one time 6 tornadoes on the ground at the same time all around us. I saw one go over our home before it touched down a mile or two from here. I am so glad the storms are over with!!!

Billy
We are in Madison, are you close by?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
.My hubby has a lil less than 100 employees in huntsvile. He called each an everyone of them to make sure they were ok. The ones he couldn't reach by phone he had employees go searching for them. Each of them and their immediate families are safe but the damage in huntsville is so overwhelming that we were going to max out the cc to load up the trailer with generators, food and supplies if any one of them needed him too. They didn't but I knew he would if anyone said yes. That's why I love that man!!

My heart & Prayers go out to those who were impacted my this devastation.
Bless your DH! He's the kind of employer this country needs. I'm so glad that all his employees made it!
Old 05-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bamamama
Originally Posted by Lostn51
My neighborhood looks like a war zone and we had the 117mph straight line winds. Lucky for me we never lost power but our phone lines were out. There are only 10 homes in my neighborhood with electricity, and all you can hear outside are generators and chain saws running. I am going to have to put a roof on my house and cut a tree down but other than that I should be okay. Might as well go ahead and relandscape the thing, my yard is ruined from all of the tree limbs falling and the rain.

But there was at one time 6 tornadoes on the ground at the same time all around us. I saw one go over our home before it touched down a mile or two from here. I am so glad the storms are over with!!!

Billy
We are in Madison, are you close by?
West TN here

Billy
Old 05-01-2011, 11:27 AM
JJC

Our church said a special prayer this morning for all those affected by all the recent storms/tornados.