Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Sewing Room >

My Sewing Room

My Sewing Room

Old 06-06-2011, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by JulieTN
YOU are a brave lady! If I let my Dh into the quilt room to 'help' organize, watch out! I would take the backseat and everything wouldhave to be stowed, amrked etc the way he sees fit. Is he nasty?! Nope!

He is rather a perfectionistic type.

JUlie
Yes, it was difficult, NO...VERY VERY difficult to let my husband help me but I got so buried under the weight of the clutter and not having good types of storage that i HAD to let him in. It made me crabby but he was quite supportive because he knows that being overwhelmed is emotionally crippling for me. It has taken many many years for him to get to that level of patience..45 years of marriage. we put everything in tubs to haul out. It killed me to have that done even though I knew it was just going to storage until I got shelves and drawers in there. Then I got sick for a few months, had a difficult surgery, and now I am ready to get with the program. I painted the room, he brought in hte storage that the bought for me for Christmas. Sometimes I still hyperventilate when he shows up to help. I don't like his style but it gets it done...my style does not get it done. He has been like a coach which I desparately needed. Yet he does not have the vision/understanding so good on how to store fabric. I am working through that, gently trying to persuade him with "No, this would be better". Some of it will change after the project is "done". I will need to redo just a few things...like where I want the cutting table. I am trying to Grin and Bear IT.. like I said, my style does not get anything done, his stye does even if it drives me nuts at the time. Best of luck to you.
PS. Now it is so much fun when he brings in another tub of fabric to fondle and fold and put away. I had to tell him not to let anymore tubs of fabric come into the house until I get the stuff here cleaned up and put away. Given a tub of fabric or house work, I will play in the fabric any day of the week.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:36 AM

So what is the vintage/model of the 'younger Singer'? I love sewing on my 1946 201 I have had since 1957. Now to find a 401a so I have a zig-zag and built in stitches.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:45 AM

I love seeing everyone's sewing rooms, but especially the tiny ones. I actually don't have a sewing room, my bedroom serves as my "sewing center" and I have sewing stuff stored everywhere!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:11 PM

Great working together, well done.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:34 PM

Great space. You guys did a wonderful job.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:12 PM

Beautiful job! I love that your husband helped, mine is so great with ideas and is always ready to hang/move something for me. What a great place to create. Enjoy!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:43 PM

My Dh does not have anything to say of what I have in the room, He only helped with the heavy stuff and give me ideas. Then he left me to do my own stowing, or what ever else I needed to do. He supports me in any way. He lets me do my own thing, of course I let him watch all the sports that he wants, LOL
Old 06-06-2011, 03:44 PM

It's hard to believe the space is only 7 x 9. Seems much larger. Great job!!
Old 06-06-2011, 03:50 PM

That is a very nice sewing room, thanks for sharing.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:04 PM

Your space looks like a fun place to work in.