Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Joann's has a new line of Made in USA fabrics! >

Joann's has a new line of Made in USA fabrics!

Joann's has a new line of Made in USA fabrics!

Old 02-17-2014, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
Well that was a quick week, lol! Here's the answer I got, which is the news we were all wanting!

"Our "Creating New Traditions" fabric is 100% Made in America. The cotton is domestic, the weaving mill is in South Carolina and it is printed in Massachusetts. The designs are created in our studio in NY.
In addition a portion of the proceeds has been donated to "the National Military Family Association" which benefits all branches of the military and tier families."

Yes, that was the exact reply I received also. Then I wrote again asking where domestically the cotton was grown and they said they did not know and when I questioned the name of the factory and where in South Carolina it was located and why they were not advertising "made in USA" they NEVER answered. Sure sounds fishy to me so I won't be buying any.

Old 02-17-2014, 04:09 PM

GeeGee, I agree, it does seem rather odd. As far as buying... Well, I'm going to have to get the plastic bags on, as tomatoes might be thrown... I don't ever buy fabric from Joann's or Walmart any more.

Before people get all upset about that, let me add that where I live, we have Mennonite stores that sell LQS fabrics for the same or less than what Joann's/Walmart charge for their fabrics, and there is no question about quality.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:09 PM

Why would anyone be upset that you don't buy from joann's or walmart? The joann's here closed so I rarely go to the other ones (an hour's drive away) but I rarely bought fabric there. I never buy fabric at Walmart. I've only bought some fusible interfacing there.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
GeeGee, I agree, it does seem rather odd. As far as buying... Well, I'm going to have to get the plastic bags on, as tomatoes might be thrown... I don't ever buy fabric from Joann's or Walmart any more.

Before people get all upset about that, let me add that where I live, we have Mennonite stores that sell LQS fabrics for the same or less than what Joann's/Walmart charge for their fabrics, and there is no question about quality.
I don't buy from either one anymore since they stopped carrying designer fabrics and stocked up on fabric made in China.

But I really was trying to get the truth about Fabric Traditions. Since they refused to give any specific information about where the cotton is grown, the name of the weaving factory or its location other than South Carolina I feel they are not being forthcoming about this line of fabric. They also would not say why they advertise "made in america" rather than 'made in USA'.

Any of you ladies or gentlemen in South Carolina know of a fabric weaving factory anywhere there? I thought they had all closed down.

Have a great week and Happy Quilting!!