Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
ACCUQUILT GO or NO? >

ACCUQUILT GO or NO?

ACCUQUILT GO or NO?

Old 06-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Nettie View Post
I have the go and love it for strips. I do have a hard time though figuring out which way to run the grain of the fabric. My 5" squares were not coming out all the same and I was told it had to do with the grain of the fabric. If someone could give me advice on this problem I would be forever grateful as I love using the go.
The selvedge edge should go in the roller first.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:52 PM

I have had mine for a few years and it saves time when having to cut the same thing over and over.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:35 PM

I received the Sizzix Big Shot Pro for my birthday in April. I requested that one because it can use the GO! dies, the Sizzix Dies and some of the Accuquilt studio dies. However, it is not portable.

I did get the book by Ebony Love 'the big little Book of fabric die cutting tips'. It discusses the most popular die cutters on the market - which dies can be used in which machines, recommendations on first dies to buy, how to use the die cutter (straight of grain, layering, etc.). The book is well worth the money for all the tips that she gives or for making the decision as to whether you really want to buy one and if so which one.

I probably would not have bought the die cutter myself - since I don't do applique and I have managed to do without it for over 10 years. However, I am using it and I have offered to cut strips for my quilting group for a quilt we will all be working on. Also I am excited to have the opportunity to get dies for the double wedding ring, rob peter to pay paul, and other blocks with curved edges.

I hope to use it more and more.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:02 PM

Love my accuquilt, I use the squares, triangles, and strip cutter the most. The dies are expensive so only got the basics to start, Now I save up and buy a new one every few months.Just got the rag die but haven't used it yet.I have arthritis in my hands so cutting a quilt is now a lot easier.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:56 PM

I have really been happy with my go. There was a bit of a learning curve for me though and after I put the fabric in right no problem.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:34 PM

Let me know if you'd like to
get rid of any dies you don't want, I'm always on the look out for more dies. In fact I need to buy a couple of die holder stands as mine is completely full. Do you have one of those your not using?
Old 06-24-2014, 10:37 PM

If your really not happy with your GO items please let me know.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:41 PM

gigigray, did you use your GO for your Bargello Avatar? It's beautiful?
Old 06-24-2014, 10:54 PM

I did a lot of research before I bought my GO!, It was a toss between the GO! and the Sizzix, The GO! won by virtue of the cost. I don't have any of the applique dies just the strips, 5" strip that I also use for 5" squares also have 4 1/2" square, 2 1/2" square, both small & large tumblers and both sized rag dies. The only problem I have is with the Rag dies..you have to dig the fabric stings out from in between the blade spaces which is very time consuming even with the little pick that comes with it to do this job. I love the Rag quilts but I'll use them the least, in fact I went out & bought the spring loaded Rag Quilt nippers for future use.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Let me know if you'd like to
get rid of any dies you don't want, I'm always on the look out for more dies. In fact I need to buy a couple of die holder stands as mine is completely full. Do you have one of those your not using?

I went to goodwill and bought die holders there....office supply/kitchen gadget sections. Work well, less$$$$

Just ordered the new kite die for my GO! It looks like the Arkansas star to me......