Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Blessed with more fabric and books! >
  • Blessed with more fabric and books!

• Blessed with more fabric and books!

Old 06-27-2015, 06:13 AM

I say it but I don't believe it. Just got back from Shipshewana with another load! I love it and all of the supplies that go along with the fabric like rulers, threads, books, machines, etc. It beats going to a "Shrink" for sure!
    Old 06-27-2015, 02:10 PM

I have a stash but it's more "kits". If I saw a quilt I really like, I bought all the material & pattern to make the quilt because once that line of material is gone, it's gone. The thought was when I retired I would have more time for quilting. Well, I have quilted some more than when I was working, not as much as I thought I would but I haven't slowed down buying! Never intended to quit buying but thought it would slow down more. My stash has not diminished - think it's grown! But, it is organized. It is an addiction but can think of a lot worse addictions!
    Old 06-28-2015, 03:42 AM

right after they say amen and close the lid. lol ! i'm actually pretty serious. ihave 'too much' according to dh, and it is starting to look like i'm hoarding. need to start getting things started and finished and out the door. like you i have been recovering from an accident and the stamina just isn't what it used to be. anyway, dh will have a great yard sale for some lucky quilters once i'm underground. 8-)
    Old 06-28-2015, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
    right after they say amen and close the lid. lol ! i'm actually pretty serious. ihave 'too much' according to dh, and it is starting to look like i'm hoarding. need to start getting things started and finished and out the door. like you i have been recovering from an accident and the stamina just isn't what it used to be. anyway, dh will have a great yard sale for some lucky quilters once i'm underground. 8-)
    I hear ya. I went to a funeral yesterday, way to young. made me realize if I enjoy collecting fabric and the process of playing with ideas of what to make, then I can and will while here on earth. I just got to leave my dh clear instructions on who to donate it to when I am gone so he don't throw it all in a dumpster.
    Old 07-04-2015, 11:45 AM
    Power Poster

We never stop collecting until we die...LOL....