Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilter's Ornament >

Quilter's Ornament

Quilter's Ornament

Old 11-15-2009, 08:53 AM

The $7.99 ones at Kmart are a mini basket, knitting needles, yarn ball, thread spook and scissors I think, but they were $7.99. They had a cute stick reindeer with fake pincushion and pins also for $7.99.

Remember we undervalue our crafts but they really are worth more than we think. The starting rate for retail is TWICE material cost plus some profit for time.

Many many bulk specialty ornaments are way more then $8.95, I paid $9.99 for plastic beagle because he looks just like my bailey and that was at hobby lobby - which I consider a reasonable place to shop.

I hope your not taking offense I think we all just think they are underpriced and dont want to see you shortchanged.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:04 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

You should be able to put these in the Buy/Sell/Trade are of this forum, that is what topic is there for. Go for it!!
Old 11-15-2009, 10:59 AM

Wow! Thanks everybody, I completely forgot about the buy/sell/trade section, and right now my head is spinning! I spent the morning making more pincushions, and planning my errands for tomorrow (more supplies, shipping info, etc.)
Thank you for all the positive feedback...I still don't think I could sell them for $8.95...
Right now I have to get away from this computer! Real life is calling!
Old 11-15-2009, 11:15 AM

Those are way cute. I think you could probably get a little more for them than $5!!

Just read everyone else's comments. I'd pay $8.95 for them in the shop!!! Let us know if you decide to open them up for sale to us board members. I have some great friends that I would love to get one of those for!!!
Old 11-15-2009, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Those are way cute. I think you could probably get a little more for them than $5!!

Just read everyone else's comments. I'd pay $8.95 for them in the shop!!! Let us know if you decide to open them up for sale to us board members. I have some great friends that I would love to get one of those for!!!
Me too - put 'em up in the selling section here...see what happens! I'll buy at least two...
Old 11-15-2009, 04:02 PM

Ok,
Thanks again, everybody, for all the positive feedback. I believe I will wait before posting in the buy/sell/trade section, because it looks like I will be busy playing catch-up, at least for a few days. When I am ready to post in that section, I will inform you in this thread (and I see PM's are the way to share info there, as well). I believe I will stick with $5.00 for this season, at least.
I hope everybody is patient with me in getting back to them with answers. I am making more ornaments, but every little part takes time and materials. I am dealing with each interested party on a first-come-first-served basis.
How interested are most people, if they can't get an ornament in time for Christmas? My past experience in the craft show world is that nobody wants anything for Christmas before November, and then they want it immediately. And then there's the shipping time to factor in.
I am supposed to be job-hunting, but ornament-making is taking over my life! Wait...maybe that's a good thing!?
Old 11-15-2009, 04:34 PM

Please make sure I am on your interested party list.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:15 PM

Those are great!
Old 11-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Power Poster

WOW!!! I love it!!! I too think that $5 is a bit low... Have you thought about selling them elsewhere, too?
Old 11-15-2009, 07:44 PM

Add me to the interested in buying list.
Mary Ellen in FL