Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do you save on quilt rulers? >

How do you save on quilt rulers?

How do you save on quilt rulers?

Old 09-14-2017, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by sheryl85338 View Post
Check quilt shows - ours has a "country store" where members donate used items. Many times you can get rulers for cheap. Also, having volunteered at the local Salvation Army store, there are lots of donated quilting items when someone is getting out of quilting. You might also check other charity shops. Oh, and if you google salvation army, there used to be a store (or maybe more than one) that sold online. Also, check with your friends - do they have rulers that they no longer want. Maybe they would sell to you for reasonable price.

Now that you mention it, Goodwill also has an online site for all of the Goodwill stores...it's huge. You may find some bargains there.

~ C
Old 09-15-2017, 05:24 AM

I was just on Connecting Threads and they're having a sale on Omnigrid rulers...20% off.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:05 AM

My most used rulers are 6"X24" and 6"X12". For most patterns, I can make my own templates out of the Dollar Store cutting mats and then I keep them with the pattern in case I want to make it again. I do have some other rulers, but most never got used for what I bought them for. Just saying...
Old 09-16-2017, 02:53 AM

I really like the Creative Grid rulers too. But your question was how to save on buying rulers......I have a credit card that gives me points on Amazon. Amazon sells Creative Grid rulers and when I learn about a ruler that I want, I use my points to get it for free. I use this card for gas, on line purchases, I pay large bills like car and homeowners insurance with the card, and other things that I would have to buy anyway, why not use the credit card and get those points. The points accumulate and soon enough I have enough points to get what I want. In fact I just "bought" 3 Creative Grid rulers that cost about 60.00 with my accumulated points and they are on their way to me for free. I pay off the card each month, so I don't incur interest, I look at it as a "win win" kind of thing.
Something to look at if you use a credit card and shop at Amazon.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:04 AM

What do Quilter Select rulers cost. I have been trying to find that out and haven't been able to. Maybe I just don't know how to do that (my computer skills are limited). It seems like only quilt shops sell them from what I could gather from their site. Only 4 in Wisconsin and I don't live near any of them. Would like to try one. I have so many rulers but would like to try one of the 6x12 Thanks