Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep  :-) >

The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep :-)

The Midnight Club...For People That Can't Sleep :-)

Old 06-27-2010, 11:23 PM

He'll be in school before you know it... I know what you mean though... the family bug me to do stuff all day... and I can't get a thing done till night!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Power Poster

One thiry. I am hot and can't sleep. It is going to be loooong summer.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:53 AM

Well I've always been an night owl. Now tho I seem to have a new problem. A pinched siatic nerve! Not sure how I got it. Was in ER and they treated me with steroids, muscle relaxer, and valium....no more pain! That was sun. No pain on Monday. Today however I got up and its back! Just took the meds they gaveme to see if that works....gosh...doesn't this ever just go away for good? Oh well gonna tough itout and go out to eat with my mom. I'm saving the pain med for afterwards cause I know I'm gonna need it!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:11 AM

I have a son in army basic and have not heard from him in three weeks! So that and empty nest syndrome keeps me awake at night! Thank goodness- I'm a teacher so I'm on break right now. Love this site! It is therapy.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:03 PM

Hi fellow nite owls Just put away the quilt Im working on to see what all you've been doing. Was up at 6:30 and still wide awake. I can't quilt because I do it in our bedroom. DH is on his way to sleepy time. I will be up till at least 12:30 or so. I also have back pain. Also take meds when it get too bad. I try not to take them because of side effects. But when all you are aware of is the pain you take the meds.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Power Poster

Where are all the night owls roosting? I just put the dogs out for the night(or morning) and am off to bed here soon. Just checking in to see if anyone was up still. It is 1:54am here in SE Iowa. I have a meeting to get to in the morning at 10 am so need to get some sleep abit earlier tonight than 3 am! Not by much tho I guess. I kept thinking I would go to bed at midnight and I got to working on a keychaing and watching a movie I haven't seen before. Sweet Home Alabama. Oh well I'll be up in time.

Good night one and all!! Sweet dreams don't let the bedbugs bite!!
Old 06-30-2010, 11:39 PM
Power Poster

Rhonda,

Good night from Idaho! A meeting at 10:00 ughhhhh....
Old 06-30-2010, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by earlylace
Ok, here we go, Midnight at the oasis! So lets hear it from others, do you suffer from Chronic pain? If so let us know, I would like to say a prayer for you and you for me! Hugs Lace. Thanks Marsye!
Pain all night..surgery in 15 days..wish it was tomorrow..
Old 07-01-2010, 06:24 AM
Power Poster

Good morning all! Yes I woke up at 8:30. Normally I would have gone to the BR and back to bed for a couple more hours but I made it up! We have been trying to get Glen an electric wheelchair or a hoverround for several years. The VA wouldn't approve one because of seizure activity. So his case manager for the Brain waiver set up a meeting this morning at 10am for us to see it and see if it works for Glen or not. It is free for the taking so I hope it works. Glen gets a free wheelchair from the Va every year or two as needed but he has problems with his legs and arms stopping working so if he had an electric w/c then he would only need his right hand to work to use it.

But I should have set it up for later in the day!! LOL We need to buy groc today too and run all the errands I have to do every month so all is good!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:43 AM

I don't sleep unless I take Tylnel or Advil PM with Melatonin, then when I wake a couple of hours later, I take another med by perscription. I hate having to take anything, but do need get some sleep.
My right leg pain will wake me up and sometimes I have to get out of bed and try walk around the house. Good thing hubby sleeps through it all.