Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Fishies anyone? >

Fishies anyone?

Fishies anyone?

Old 06-27-2010, 10:10 AM
Banned

Okay I found the pattern for this wall hanging. Finished size is 20 x 20. The pattern is called Fish Fish Shark by Beth deMaille. I just googled both the pattern and the person and wasn't able to come up with anything. I don't see anything on the pattern that says anything about copyright info........... so I will tell you as much as I can about it. You need 25 fabric pieces 3" x 4 1/4" for each fish. Cut a 3" sq from each fabric and a 1 1/4" sq. which you cut into diagonally (these pieces become the fish tails). Lay your 3" squares on point with their hst on the top point of the fish below them and on the bottom point of the fish above them. Your first fish will be in the center row and you add one more fish to each row until you have a row with 5 fish stacked in it. Look at picture again. After you have your 25 fish lined up the ones on the left side will have their tails sewn to a 1 1/4" x 3" rectangle of your water fabric. You will need 10 of these and 11 of 1 1/4" squares of the water fabric. The leading fish on the right will have one of these small water fabric squares for either their top point or there bottom point. Check picture again. You will need to make 2 13" squares out of the water fabric which you then cut into diagonally to put on each side of your fish. That is pretty much it. It is recommended that you sew on your fish eyes after you have quilted the piece. The mouth is made by using a dime to trace the bottom half of and embrodiered before quilting. This is probably very confusing sounding but it makes sense when you lay out the pieces. Good luck!
Old 06-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Banned

The only identifying marks that I can find on the rest of the blue fabric is that it is made by Springs Industries, Inc. Sorry that's all I know. Good luck.

Originally Posted by emt2004
Love it !!! Where did you ever get the blue material ????Michele
Old 06-27-2010, 10:20 AM

Such happy fish! Love it. Your background is just perfect!
Old 06-27-2010, 10:47 AM

nice quilt!!
Old 06-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Okay I found the pattern for this wall hanging. Finished size is 20 x 20. The pattern is called Fish Fish Shark by Beth deMaille. I just googled both the pattern and the person and wasn't able to come up with anything. I don't see anything on the pattern that says anything about copyright info........... so I will tell you as much as I can about it. You need 25 fabric pieces 3" x 4 1/4" for each fish. Cut a 3" sq from each fabric and a 1 1/4" sq. which you cut into diagonally (these pieces become the fish tails). Lay your 3" squares on point with their hst on the top point of the fish below them and on the bottom point of the fish above them. Your first fish will be in the center row and you add one more fish to each row until you have a row with 5 fish stacked in it. Look at picture again. After you have your 25 fish lined up the ones on the left side will have their tails sewn to a 1 1/4" x 3" rectangle of your water fabric. You will need 10 of these and 11 of 1 1/4" squares of the water fabric. The leading fish on the right will have one of these small water fabric squares for either their top point or there bottom point. Check picture again. You will need to make 2 13" squares out of the water fabric which you then cut into diagonally to put on each side of your fish. That is pretty much it. It is recommended that you sew on your fish eyes after you have quilted the piece. The mouth is made by using a dime to trace the bottom half of and embrodiered before quilting. This is probably very confusing sounding but it makes sense when you lay out the pieces. Good luck!
Thanks so much for your help with this little quilt I absolutely love it!
Old 06-27-2010, 10:56 AM

That is so cute. What a great quilt for a little one.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:05 PM

Very cute!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 01:07 PM

That is adorable. Love the fish
Old 06-27-2010, 04:22 PM

Love it! That black fishie swam partly in front of the pink one. I'll have to make one like that.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Power Poster

That is one of the cutest blocks I've seen in a long time. Great job.