Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
does any one use quilting software >

does any one use quilting software

does any one use quilting software

Old 10-02-2010, 10:56 AM

I recently bought EQ6 and am loving it! So much fun! I, too, would like to know what is the difference between it and EQ7. I have no plans right now to upgrade, but someday... if there is a difference worth getting.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:36 AM

I have Quilt Pro 123 version. I really like it. You can design a quilt and add sashings and borders. You can scan in your own fabrics to see how they will look, but I rarely do that. I just choose a fabric from the many collections to insert in to the blocks to see how it will look in an full sized quilt. Then you can go to Print Preview and it will give you the yardages you will need of each fabric. You can print that with a square for each fabric (like a sample) and how much fabric you need of that color. I think it is simpler to use that EQ so think more people would actually learn to use it.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by dolores
Hi Ladies, just curious does any one own any quiltling software? Do you like it?
NOT the soft ware, but embroidery programs that quilt in the hoop, thats my current thing. :-)
Old 10-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Power Poster

I have EQ7, Quilted Photo Delux, Foundation Factory, Sew Precise, Inklingo, PCQuilt (I don't know if this is still for sale but it's very simple and inexpensive). Lot of software that comes with quilt books too. My DH says I quilt by computer and checkbook.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I have EQ7, Quilted Photo Delux, Foundation Factory, Sew Precise, Inklingo, PCQuilt (I don't know if this is still for sale but it's very simple and inexpensive). Lot of software that comes with quilt books too. My DH says I quilt by computer and checkbook.
Now you need to go buy Triangulations. ;)
Old 10-02-2010, 01:35 PM

I think EQ7 is worth every penny it costs. We had EQ5, and EQ6 and my dh "drafted" our designs. Now with EQ7, I can make my blocks and go from there.,,run with outline drawing of block or with material we are going to use...templates or pp...mess up???just print it again.

Cannot imagine trying to design blocks and quilts without it. And if there is a problem, their help line and tech helpers are as handy & close as your telepone; they are wonderful,and very helpful. I would highly recommend EQ programs.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:26 PM

I have had Quilt Pro for many years. Each version gets better. I recently bought Electric Quilt. I find them both good. EQ has better graphics and fabric selection, but I like Quilt Pro when I am preparing instructions for making a quilt. The flexibility in the block part of the EQ program just isn't there. I wish I could pick and choose the features I like best and make my own integrated program
Old 10-02-2010, 02:46 PM

Triangulations? What is that?
Old 10-02-2010, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I have EQ6 and use it a lot. I find blocks in magazines or on the internet, and try to figure out how much fabric needed for a quilt with that block. It's helped me use up some of my stash. And it's FUN! You can see how blocks will look together, try them in different configurations, etc.
You mean it can do that? So, it'll tell you how much fabric you need to do a double star block? ;)
Old 10-02-2010, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Triangulations? What is that?
It's software that lets you print out the papers to make half square triangles. Kinda like thangles but you can print out whatever size and however many you need.