Christmas is WAY early!

Old 11-27-2010, 11:02 AM

Remember what he says, he is there with u!!! Kids can make u so crazy 'cause u love them so much :) Hold on tight to that wonderful man and get ready, kids have lots and lots of energy to drive u crazy with! to bad all that energy does not help them think straight. wish u the best.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:03 AM

What a wonderful man!
Old 11-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Power Poster

You are lucky. You have a great guy.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Kas
Holy cow! I still am in shock and pinching myself. My DH is a keeper and that is for sure! I have been wanting an anniversary ring for years now. Well, this year we have been going through hell with our 16yr old son, I have been in pain (herniated neck disc) for a year since my dad died, and some other crud has been making me cry all the time. I have just been a basket case, and that is no joke. Well, he told me to close my eyes, that he had something to make me feel better. He handed me a jewelry box with a beautiful, and I do mean beautiful, ring in it! I cried and cried some more. He is so sweet! He told me when I am sad to look on my left hand and know that he loves me and we are a team. Then look on my right hand and know I am still the most precious person in his life and he is still with me in all this. I am crying right now. Totally unexpected, but so like him to do the unexpected! I love my sweetheart!
You made ME cry! What a great story.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:36 AM

That is a wonderful man. My husband has not got one romantic bone in his body. I asked for roses when we were married 20 years and he went and bought me a rose bush. When we were married 25 years I asked him to renew our vows. He said I married you once wasn't that enough. I cried for a week. We were married for 35 years this year and I wanted a wedding cake to celebrate with family and friends. I never got it. I made my first wedding cake myself. I love him dearly but he is no romantic.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Power Poster

wow, how great of him, and how lucky you are too
Old 11-28-2010, 12:19 PM

Congratulations! You truly have a keeper & you must be just as special to him. :thumbup: Take a pic of your hand with the ring on so we can enjoy it with you! I am very happy for you. We've been married for almost 33 yrs & He is not very romantic. Love his guts anyway. :D
Old 11-28-2010, 12:29 PM

What a sweet thing for him to do! He really loves you a lot! I am sorry you have been having such a bad time. Things seem to come in waves. Those big ones can wipe you out! Keep your chin up....it will get better. :thumbup: :D :D
Old 11-28-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by TN Donna
That is a wonderful man. My husband has not got one romantic bone in his body. I asked for roses when we were married 20 years and he went and bought me a rose bush. When we were married 25 years I asked him to renew our vows. He said I married you once wasn't that enough. I cried for a week. We were married for 35 years this year and I wanted a wedding cake to celebrate with family and friends. I never got it. I made my first wedding cake myself. I love him dearly but he is no romantic.
You don't stand alone on that issue! If you've been together for 35 years, there's something there. Some people never learned to be affectionate, etc. We've been married for 48 years and were an item for 6 years before that. Practically no show of affection, but we stick together like glue.