How did you meet?

Old 01-05-2011, 12:35 PM

I had gone back to work after my divorce and the first day on the job I ran into my supervisor and It was love at first sight. He even ran over to his friend and said I am going to marry that woman! 10 years later 3 kids and we are still in love!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

The days I stopped getting hit on coincided with the days I didn't get carded any more. Sigh!

Pat and I met when I was just 15 and babysitting for an American family on base. He was visiting from a different base to go out with friends. He claims that it was love at first sight. Well - 37 years later - he might have had something there. lol
Old 01-05-2011, 01:25 PM

Well, I need to add this; My significant other and I were at a Foodlion Store and we always laugh and joke....why not, it's a great feeling, ya know? Anyway, a thirtish young lady turned around and saw our white hair and smiling faces. She asked, "You are so adorable together, how long have you been married?" I did a quick-check and I answered, "About 75 years, but, not to each other!" Poor youngun, she choked and apologized. I felt like a heel. I was divorced after 33+ years, he lost his first wife after 39 years and was married about 9 to another......whewwww. My mouth gets me in trouble a lot. (chuckle) He and I have been together for 7+ years now and enjoy everyday.

Blessings, Ruth
Old 01-05-2011, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by mrspete
Well, I need to add this; My significant other and I were at a Foodlion Store and we always laugh and joke....why not, it's a great feeling, ya know? Anyway, a thirtish young lady turned around and saw our white hair and smiling faces. She asked, "You are so adorable together, how long have you been married?" I did a quick-check and I answered, "About 75 years, but, not to each other!" Poor youngun, she choked and apologized. I felt like a heel. I was divorced after 33+ years, he lost his first wife after 39 years and was married about 9 to another......whewwww. My mouth gets me in trouble a lot. (chuckle) He and I have been together for 7+ years now and enjoy everyday.

LMAO--we often say the same thing...then when the other person appears perplexed, I sheepishly add, "Oh you mean to each other????" if you can't laugh, where's the good in it??

Laurie

Blessings, Ruth
Old 01-05-2011, 01:49 PM

the garage i take my old car both of the mechanic's said they want to be my boyfriend hahaha they just want to drive the car
Old 01-05-2011, 01:50 PM

Love reading all these stories of love and how people met ther significant others. Really interesting and ajoy to read!

I met my Hubby at work 5 years ago, he started a week after I did and did not let up on me for months until I went out on a date with him. 4 weeks after that first date, we moved intogether and havent been apart since. He and my son from my prevous marriage get along really well, and even get up to mischeif together. Sometimes its like having 2 9 year olds in the house, andIm the grown up! lol
Old 01-05-2011, 01:53 PM

I met my husband in a doctor's office. I was the new office nurse, just out of nursing school. His nephew was injured playing football and he brought him to the clinic to be checked out. After they left the office, he called back to ask me out. I refused until I had a chance to ask my employer about his reputation. My boss assured me he was a nice guy, so the next time he called I said yes. We were married 3 months later and have been for 53 years come 2/2.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:29 PM

met my hubby online in 1998! We met in person in 2002, married in 06. He moved across the world (literally - he's from England) to be with me. We have a 2 year old. :) I'm now 27 and he's just turned 30. We've got TONS more years together
Old 01-05-2011, 03:36 PM

My husband and I were just back from the military when we moved here. We had a group of friends we spent a lot of time with. My marriage fell apart (he cheated) and left me with 3 kids. Over a year had passed when a guy in the group called and asked me out to a movie. I started to tell him that dating can ruin a friendship when something stopped me and I thought..."it's just a movie" so I said yes. We've been together since. We've been married 25 years. He raised my kids and we had 3 more so it was a house full. We've had our ups and downs like everyone else but I would do it again. He's a keeper.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:46 PM

He was my next door neighbor. We fell in love in fourth grade. He carried my books!! Our parents broke us up!! We eventually married after college and the Air Force. It will be 42 years in May.