NW OR/SW WA get together?

Old 02-18-2011, 07:29 PM

What do you do at your get togethers?
BTW Laurie, your quote gave me a good lol - I never finish anyth
Old 02-18-2011, 07:33 PM

We exchange fat quarters, show and tell current projects and visit and eat! What could be better? Oh maybe if chocolate is involved! :)
Old 02-18-2011, 07:36 PM

Sounds like good fun! (Though I will admit I'm no good at eating in public - I have a jillion and one food allergies) but the rest sounds great! Happily I am neither allergic to coffee or chocolate. ;-)
Old 02-18-2011, 07:44 PM

We have a blast, come and join us!
Old 02-18-2011, 09:19 PM

It will be my first time so come be a newbie with me.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:24 PM

I'd join, but I already have other plans with an old friend who I haven't seen in a long time. Otherwise it would be negotiable. I got a kick out of people saying they're from Bellingham and Blaine, I graduated High School in Bellingham- that's my old stomping grounds :)- I'll watch for the next get together and commit to bring cheesecake!!
Old 02-18-2011, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Fidissimus
Sounds like good fun! (Though I will admit I'm no good at eating in public - I have a jillion and one food allergies) but the rest sounds great! Happily I am neither allergic to coffee or chocolate. ;-)
Hi and welcome to the Board! We'd love to have you join us. And as for food allergies, we have them in my family too. We keep a peanut/tree nut free house, but I'm also geared up for baking gluten/egg/dairy/soy/yeast free. I understand how it goes.

I'll PM you my address. Looking forward to meeting you!
Old 02-19-2011, 09:22 AM

Well that sounds about right! :roll: At least I can't gorge on junk food. ;-)
Are you the one with all the allergies or is it someone else in your house?

BTW I am hoping to come but I'm supposed to meet an old friend for coffee at some point that weekend - she's coming in from out of town and I'm not sure what her schedule is. I'm thinking we'll probably meet in the morning though. Next challenge is getting kid coverage - then I'm golden! 8-)
Old 02-19-2011, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Fidissimus
Well that sounds about right! :roll: At least I can't gorge on junk food. ;-)
Are you the one with all the allergies or is it someone else in your house?

BTW I am hoping to come but I'm supposed to meet an old friend for coffee at some point that weekend - she's coming in from out of town and I'm not sure what her schedule is. I'm thinking we'll probably meet in the morning though. Next challenge is getting kid coverage - then I'm golden! 8-)
I'm anaphylactic to watermelon of all things. My 6yo has the tree nuts, my 4yo has tree nuts, peanuts and dairy, my niece has those plus eggs. My Sis-In-Law has become very debilitated by MS and is on a special diet to try to ease her symptoms - exclusive of peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, eggs, soy, gluten, legumes, yeast, and red meat. Pretty much leaves her with poultry, produce, and gluten-free grains. Needless to say, our larger family gatherings don't include dining out much anymore.

This get-together is an open house, so if you can only drop in for a short time, that's just fine. Don't feel obligated to the entire 3 hours (although we'd love to have you for that long if you can :D ) Hope to see you then!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:16 PM

That sounds like my family... seems everyone is allergic to something or other, plus half of us have celiac disease so no wheat, barley, rye or oats.

I hope the diet works for your SIL. I know they recommend a gluten free diet these days for people dx'd with other auto-immune diseases like RA and Fibro. My cousin has MS but has lived with it such a long time that it's sort of stabilized. I hope your SIL finds herself in that position someday (soon).

BTW I tried to google your address and it gave me directions to another street... ??