Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • International RR III     Group 9 Traveling Threads >
  • International RR III Group 9 Traveling Threads

• International RR III Group 9 Traveling Threads

Old 06-16-2011, 03:37 PM

There have been several positive comments on my plan for Bonnie's top so if she hasn't posted otherwise by tonight, I'll finish attaching the sides so I can get it out to Linda. I don't want to short her on time on her end to work on it.

I have three IRR quilts spread out on my living room floor right now: Bonnie's, which will go in the mail tomorrow; Linda's, which arrived yesterday; and the final quilt from last year's IRR, which arrived to me last week (yep, we're still finishing up from last year). I made a trip to Fabric Depot this morning for Linda's and the IRR2 top. Can't believe what I found for Linda's . . . a fabric with a small print that is exactly the same symbol she used in her center - and the color is perfect! They only had 1 1/3 yds so I took it all. Not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I couldn't pass it up. If there's any leftover, I'll mail it to you Linda, in case you want to use it for a pillow or something.
    Old 06-16-2011, 03:46 PM

Lucky you being so close to Fabric Depot!! Sounds like you found the perfect fabric to complete Linda's top. I had to go to several quilt shops before I found what I wanted for Linda's top. I will have to travel out of town again (dog gone it) for the final round for Jen's. The LQS didn't have anything to go with it. :lol:
    Old 06-16-2011, 03:53 PM

Fabric Depot is almost an hour's drive to the other side of Portland, but on this side of town it's slim pickins. A couple of small LQSs with limited selection and Joann's, which today looked as if a tornado had gone through their fabric section . . . bolts scattered all over the aisles. :roll: I don't get out to Fabric Depot often, but when I do go, I've always found what I'm looking for. Love having it nearby! :-D :-D Great coupons and always a helpful staff.
    Old 06-16-2011, 05:21 PM

Lucky me. Thanks Jen.
    Old 06-16-2011, 05:39 PM

Sewcornie, I love it. Go for it. It is so awsome.

I am running late myself. It will probably be Monday before I get the one I have in the mail... Will post pictures asap....So Sorry
    Old 06-16-2011, 06:37 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by maryb119
    Patti, you are in Council Bluffs. How far are you from the flooding there? I hope you are OK.

Sewcornie, I like the corners the way you have them. I think it ties in the stripes you have in the borders. If you go with a brown corner, you will have stripes going no where.
    We are very close to the river. It's getting a little scary here. Just 6 more feet and we are over the levee. I'm holding my breath.
    Old 06-16-2011, 08:38 PM

Patti, please take care. I'll be saying prayers for you!

Bonnie, thanks for letting me know what you think. I'll finish it up tonight and get it mailed off to Linda in the morning. Your top is really beautiful! You'll love it when it comes home.
    Old 06-17-2011, 10:42 AM

Bonnie's top is finished and I'm off to the PO. I hope it catches a fast bird and gets to Linda quickly.
    Old 06-19-2011, 12:20 AM

Jen, good to hear you're back on schedule. Unfortunately I underestimated the time needed for the hand sewing.I'm almost finished the final border, but still need to sew the borders to the centre, and then add the final 3 medallions. So it looks like posting Monday is out, but now aiming for Tuesday mail out. Bonnie I'm so sorry that it will be late getting to you. Will take a phot of the finished centre, and post it here when it's done.
    Old 06-19-2011, 06:28 AM

Just updating that Mary's will be a bit late. Hopeing to have it out by the end of the week. Sorry. :( This year has not been good to me so far....