Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
20th Mystery Quilt Train Ride >

20th Mystery Quilt Train Ride

20th Mystery Quilt Train Ride

Old 11-15-2018, 05:42 PM

Julz: Congratulations on finishing a very pretty quilt.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by RJ View Post
Thank you Craftyjulz....I usually have to have some co=ordination of colors with scrappys...where in Southern Oregon are you at? I was raised in Grants Pass
I live in a very small town, just over 1,100 in population, called Riddle. Even though I was born in California I grew up in Riddle & love my small town. Things aren’t thriving very well for us any more after the timber industry took a dive in the late 80’s but it’s home to me & my kids mostly grew up here as well. It’s a beautiful area, as you know because Grants Pass & Riddle are in similar forested areas with lots of rivers.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:29 AM
RJ

Originally Posted by craftyjulz View Post
I live in a very small town, just over 1,100 in population, called Riddle. Even though I was born in California I grew up in Riddle & love my small town. Things aren’t thriving very well for us any more after the timber industry took a dive in the late 80’s but it’s home to me & my kids mostly grew up here as well. It’s a beautiful area, as you know because Grants Pass & Riddle are in similar forested areas with lots of rivers.
I remember Riddle---even though it has been years since I was in that area---and I well know the timber issues.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:14 PM

Btw, I wanted to thank all of you who sent up prayers or well wishes my way. I’m feeling better now. I deal with a couple of chronic GI conditions plus am disabled from a back injury from way back in 2004 & live in pain every day. Lately though I got put on a new antidepressant that’s really helped with my motivation & since then is when I finally became active on this board, only 2-3 months ago despite being a member for years. Depression really had me sucked down more than I realized & now that I’m able to get out of bed more often & can sew again I’m doing even better. Thank God above. Here’s hoping & praying all of you are doing well this Holiday season. Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-19-2018, 01:19 PM

Craftyjulz, hang in there. Back issues SUCK, I can sympathize. Glad you are doing better!
I will throw this question out there, why is it that women have depression issues more than men? Must be part of the side effect of being born with ovaries 🤣.
Keep up the creative spirit, I always start things and then they dissipate like the clouds in the sky, one of myADD issues.
If you have an emotion that bothers you just try to let it out early so it doesn’t eat you alive. I’m bad for that one and then I eat eat eat.
Old 11-22-2018, 04:45 PM

Remember, I did say that my quilt went off the tracks.
Unfortunately, the yardage I chose didn't play well with this mystery quilt, so I had to do some re-arranging and this is what I ended up with. I still like it, it just isn't the original plan.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]604313[/ATTACH]

Watson
Attached Thumbnails train20.jpg  
Old 11-23-2018, 05:40 AM

Looks great Watson, you made a beautiful quilt. Love the colors.
Old 11-23-2018, 12:05 PM

Splendid job, Watson!
Old 11-23-2018, 06:03 PM

Very cute, Watson. I need to get busy on mine again. I have one more row of sashing to sew on. I will then add a border all around and add flying geese around that border. This will be the first time I have tried a flying geese border so we will see how it works.
Old 11-24-2018, 03:57 PM

Connie, I love flying geese borders, they are sooooo pretty. Your quilt will be beautiful, can't wait to see the finished top