Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-08-2011, 11:34 AM

:evil: :evil: :evil: stayed the same awwww poop
Old 03-08-2011, 11:38 AM

I am still feeling lousy, last night I stayed in bed and coughed until 2, got up and coughed until 7 this morning, then went to bed and slept until 11. I still haven't gotten dressed or done anything but shots and breakfast.

I will call my doc tomorrow (she's not in today) and see about antibiotics, or something.

I did buy 4 of the full size batts, will be giving my mom 2 for her birthday present. I have a goal of making a dozen full size (or queen) quilts this year, but I haven't even started yet.

I just can't seem to get where I feel decent enough to concentrate.

In addition to the coughing, I still run a fever and have killer headaches. Much dizziness and vertigo.

Thanks for asking.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ljs317
I too am sad!!!!!!!! I am excited about my son but the reality is I will not be able to attend the wedding. My GOD I couldn't get to the hospital when my daughter was in ICU. I wish you lived by me we could cry together.
Perhaps there is a cute little chapel in your neighborhood that they could be married in and then you could walk there. Perhaps a little park with a gazebo. If I were going to be your new DIL I would want you to be there, so I would find a place that would work for you. Mayhap a video link to the ceremony at the very least. I'll pray for the answer for you and it may take me away from my own issues for a while.
Lisa[/quote]
I am sure the wedding will be in VA not Ohio.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:50 PM

Tru,
Because of my health issues, I was not able to attend my DD's wedding. I have pictures, but I really wish they had made me a video. I think I would feel much like a part of it if so.

I cannot travel at all. I haven't seen any of my gchildren (including the two born in the last year) in years. In this economy, my children do not have the funds for a 1,000 mile trip either.

I find it sad to be so far apart from my family. We email and talk on the phone, but that's not the same as a real hug.

I just wanted you to know I share your sadness.

Hugs,
MJ
Old 03-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Banned

Oh MJ thanks for sharing your story. Joyce's friends mom has had brain tumors, she is a vegetable. I am sure she will never attend her DD wedding. That's what I think of when I would think about Joyce if she got married at least I would know she was married A her freinds mom probably wouldn't. There are many people who can't be at their child's wedding. It just SUCKS!!!

OK the engagment will be at least a year, but we will see. Jim will be going to school and teaching he needs a little money put aside first.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:32 PM

Leann thanks fo rthe words of encouragement.

Tru how exciting about your son.

Congraulations on the weight loss, 5 pounds!

I'm not getting emails showing there were comments made. Some days I get them other times I won't get anything for days.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:10 AM

168, lost the two I gained and two more. The gain had to be water.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:03 AM

I am down from 269 on the first to 261 this morning! I know it is all water weight and won't continue at this rate, but it has kept me motivated. I didn't realize how much fluid messes with your joints until now. My face looks slimmer, my rings are looser, my hands don't feel so stiff, and this morning when I got out of bed I didn't have to hoble the first few steps to get my feet working. I was half way around the bed and it dawned on me that I just walked off normal. That was a nice surprise!
I just hope I find a way to stick with this. I am so tired of living this way.

I hope everyone has a good day.:)
Old 03-09-2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
I am down from 269 on the first to 261 this morning! I know it is all water weight and won't continue at this rate, but it has kept me motivated. I didn't realize how much fluid messes with your joints until now. My face looks slimmer, my rings are looser, my hands don't feel so stiff, and this morning when I got out of bed I didn't have to hoble the first few steps to get my feet working. I was half way around the bed and it dawned on me that I just walked off normal. That was a nice surprise!
I just hope I find a way to stick with this. I am so tired of living this way.

I hope everyone has a good day.:)
CONGRATULATIONS you are doing a great job. Maybe every time you want to over eat you can remember how good it felt this morning.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:41 AM

I wanted to drop a note here to let you know that so far I have lost 11 pounds and am doing well.

We bought a new car yesterday (A Toyota Prius) and in a few minutes we are going to leave and take a nice drive in the Black Hills.

When I get home I will try and catch up on the posts.

Missy