Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-16-2010, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
I have to talk this through or I will go nuts.

I feel like I am drowning in fabric and dall stuff. For nearly 6 months Ihave been doing nothing but sewing. I want it done. I want it finished. I want it put away and back to one project at a time instead of a list.

I did this to myself. I bought patterns and fabric and dolls because I want to do the projects. I feel paanicky when I see something really neat on ebay What if it isn't there the next time, or when I am ready, or whatever. If I starated making dresses for my granddaughters today, and didn't purchase any more patterns or fabric, they could each wear dresses until they were 10.

On my back burner since I made the turtle quilt, I have had a box full of fabric and patterns to make similar quilts for my grandchildren for Christmas. I really want to do these quilts, but stacked on top of the box are at least 6 other promised things.

A friend came to my house last week and asked to see some of the things I have made and I realized that all the finished projects had been given away. I had 3 quilts back from the quilter to let her look at, All these need are labels and then I could send them on, but they too have been sitting around, in the way.

Yesterday I was having a really good time working on a special doll that I started before Randy died. I'd been at it about 6 hours when I burst into tears crying that I just can't get 'it all' done. I so want to put the fabrics back in their boxes so I can find them again. One or 2 projects on the table I can handle, but now I can't find where one project ends and another begins.

None of this is anyone's fault except mine, so don't any of you start to feel guilty. I've been here before, but it never gets solved. I need help.

I also need my medication. I've been out of my anti-depressant medicines for almost 3 weeks and only had a few hours sleep in forever. I called the VA office, but the soonest I can seen the doctor is next Friday and then it will take 2 weeks for any medication prescribed to actually get here. I just realized that next Friday is a holiday. Oh well, I probably wouldn't be able to get there anyway. No one to drive or car to drive in. Kids are spending this Thanksgiving with the in-law families and I've heard rumors of a shopping trip to SAlt Lake City.

I think I will spend an hour putting stuff I'm not using away and take the trash out of my room. Then I'll work on my fun project from yesterday until Billy is ready to take me to get my nails, hair and pedicure done. I can also pick up some bits and pieces to finish projects tomorrow. Tomorrow night I will package up what ever I have finished so he can mail it Thursday.

Right now, I'm going to go sew those silly labels on and listen to the news. Thanks for listening. Coming of these drugs is hard. Perhaps there is something besides pills that will help ease the depression. I've heard that electric shock therapy is great for long term depression suffers.

Later, Gwyn
Oh Gwyn...((((BIG HUGS)))) I am so sorry you are feeling so overwhelmed. Could you make a list of things to be finished and then scratch off each item as you finish it?

I really hope you get into see the doctor because depression is NO fun at all. I hope you get back on those meds really soon. ECT does work but there are lots of side effects from it.

Hang in there. The holidays are so hard for lots and lots of people. Me included.

Take care of you...that is most important right now.

Missy
Old 11-16-2010, 07:53 AM

Gwyn
Talking it out is the best therapy I have found for depression. The other thing is to make a list, put away everything else in an organized fashion and focus on only one project at a time. I battle depression and suicidal tendencies all the time... unfortunately, medications just augment them so I can't take medication.
As far as the VA, You should be able to call your primary care and get a refill of your meds and have them mailed to you. Or if that isn't possible, go into the ER... the fact that you have a history of depression, they should be able to get you a new prescription and you can then make the appointment to see your regular dr. ALSO transportation is available for Vets for dr appointments to the VA hospital and back home... Call transportation and see what the requirements are.
i hope this helps.
Leota
Old 11-16-2010, 08:02 AM

Gwyn
I don't know how you feel and have never walked in your shoes but just take a few deep breaths drink a cup of tea or coffee and then just put all of your ongoing projects into a seperate zip lock bags so you don't keep getting lost in them and remember to smile and enjoy the process.

keep us updated.
we all do worry.

love you
lisa
Old 11-16-2010, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Originally Posted by bronald
I'm doing a happy dance. I am no longer obese I am over weight as of today. Yayyyy.
That is great, I only have 9 more pounds until I'm just fat.

As you are no longer obese, are you a whole new you?
I am starting to feel like a whole new me. Stronger, younger and when I hug DH I get a lot closer as between us we have lost 75lbs.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:03 AM
Banned

Electric shock for depression..............well plug me in and just skrew a light bulb in my butt. I am ready.

I am not making light of what you are going through I just thought that would make everyone laugh.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}
Old 11-16-2010, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Electric shock for depression..............well plug me in and just skrew a light bulb in my butt. I am ready.

I am not making light of what you are going through I just thought that would make everyone laugh.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}
When I read this...this is what popped into my head (don't hate me---just remember I am a certifiable nut case ;) ):
Attached Thumbnails attachment-127316.jpe  
Old 11-16-2010, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
I have to talk this through or I will go nuts.

I feel like I am drowning in fabric and dall stuff. For nearly 6 months Ihave been doing nothing but sewing. I want it done. I want it finished. I want it put away and back to one project at a time instead of a list.

I did this to myself. I bought patterns and fabric and dolls because I want to do the projects. I feel paanicky when I see something really neat on ebay What if it isn't there the next time, or when I am ready, or whatever. If I starated making dresses for my granddaughters today, and didn't purchase any more patterns or fabric, they could each wear dresses until they were 10.

On my back burner since I made the turtle quilt, I have had a box full of fabric and patterns to make similar quilts for my grandchildren for Christmas. I really want to do these quilts, but stacked on top of the box are at least 6 other promised things.

A friend came to my house last week and asked to see some of the things I have made and I realized that all the finished projects had been given away. I had 3 quilts back from the quilter to let her look at, All these need are labels and then I could send them on, but they too have been sitting around, in the way.

Yesterday I was having a really good time working on a special doll that I started before Randy died. I'd been at it about 6 hours when I burst into tears crying that I just can't get 'it all' done. I so want to put the fabrics back in their boxes so I can find them again. One or 2 projects on the table I can handle, but now I can't find where one project ends and another begins.

None of this is anyone's fault except mine, so don't any of you start to feel guilty. I've been here before, but it never gets solved. I need help.

I also need my medication. I've been out of my anti-depressant medicines for almost 3 weeks and only had a few hours sleep in forever. I called the VA office, but the soonest I can seen the doctor is next Friday and then it will take 2 weeks for any medication prescribed to actually get here. I just realized that next Friday is a holiday. Oh well, I probably wouldn't be able to get there anyway. No one to drive or car to drive in. Kids are spending this Thanksgiving with the in-law families and I've heard rumors of a shopping trip to SAlt Lake City.

I think I will spend an hour putting stuff I'm not using away and take the trash out of my room. Then I'll work on my fun project from yesterday until Billy is ready to take me to get my nails, hair and pedicure done. I can also pick up some bits and pieces to finish projects tomorrow. Tomorrow night I will package up what ever I have finished so he can mail it Thursday.

Right now, I'm going to go sew those silly labels on and listen to the news. Thanks for listening. Coming of these drugs is hard. Perhaps there is something besides pills that will help ease the depression. I've heard that electric shock therapy is great for long term depression suffers.

Later, Gwyn
I am sure there is something more to help with depression, but anti-depression medication and booze (not at the same time) are all that has worked for me.

I know that overwhelmed feeling. Maybe you could put everything away except the easiest project and just do one at a time.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:59 PM

Weighed in today---didn't like it. I gained 1.8 lbs and am very upset. My grandson is in town from Dallas and tonight my DD is having taco Tuesday at her house for my grandson. Of course, we are going but I am concerned about the tacos. My DD makes the greatest tacos in the world. My WW facilitator told me to have one (1) so not to feel deprived. Ok---I'll try to have 1 and walk away to play with the young grandkids. Say a prayer for me.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:26 PM

I was afraid it was too long to post on the group so I decided to post one or two a day (thanks Carrie for the idea!!).

The benefits of these foods are listed underneath the name of the food:

Apples
Protects your heart
Prevents constipation
Blocks diarrhea
Improves lung capacity
Cushions joints

Apricots
Combats cancer
Controls blood pressure
Saves your eyesight
Shields against Alzheimer's
Slows aging process

10 Apricot seeds per day to lower prostate
Old 11-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Banned

Cindy and Missy that was a great idea to post one or 2 a day. Why didn't I think of that. I guess brain fart I better not get too close to that guy...............LOL