Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My new sewing room and pictures of stash >

My new sewing room and pictures of stash

My new sewing room and pictures of stash

Old 09-12-2008, 06:14 AM

Open your doors, I am moving in.

Maria
Old 09-14-2008, 04:04 AM

Gayle...what an amazing and I am sure a very deserving room!! I love the outside light capability too!! Here's what I'd think about for you and a design wall...if you can reach..(stand facing at the wall) open the top left...then 4 doors over...that would prob be a good size for one. All you'd have to do is glue a strip of velcrow inside top of both doors (so when closed you won't see it-and you can remove when done to close too)then sew velcrow on a piece of white flannel...open your doors..put design wall in place...there you'd have it! Just a thought:))Then again...we are seeing patio doors...to where???Maybe it's time to hand dh that hammer and tell him it looks so good...we vote for you to have more!!!:))Keep building:)) Also remind him you surely have doubled the realestate price in that house:) Makes sense to just add more:)) Enjoy!! Skeat
Old 09-14-2008, 05:36 AM

Skeat, that is really thinking. I had thought of hanging something from the ceiling in that area, but your idea much surpasses that. Good thinking.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:50 AM

Only glad to help feed any quilter's addiction to keep adding more creativity!!:)And, a design wall you want....then we can make sure you get one!!:0)Always glad to help!Skeat
Old 09-14-2008, 05:59 AM

Gayle, I would love to be your friend and go shopping at your house. How wonderful the cabinets look. You are very lucky to have such a space.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:21 AM

Skeat, thanks for the idea on a design wall. I was figuring that I needed to somehow rig something up on the cabinet doors. It looks so neat now that I didn't want anything permanent on the fronts, so inside the doors is an idea.... Yes that is a patio door, I gets tons of natural light during the day, but as fall aproaches, the sun will be shining directly in that window and so I need to get something on it soon or every thing will get baked and faded. My DH barely knows how to use a hammer, I have wanted at least a patio cover behind that window, but alas, that will have to wait another year. We spent a fortune on repairing this room and installing over 600 sq feet of flooring and a new bath, not to mention that I had 2 daughters get married within 10 mos of each other. The equity line only goes so far....
Old 09-14-2008, 02:51 PM

Check into those vertical blinds!! I so love them! They can be pulled all the way back or turned all the way open or slightly...such a clean look too to match those great cabnets!! And, I held my breath for you...I've 2 girls here too...and, it isn't getting any cheaper!! I'll pay for a honeymoon...1 way ticket:))LOL Skeat
Old 09-14-2008, 03:21 PM

We have one more daughter to go, and a son, and I can't tell you how many people came up to us at the wedding in June and asked "I had such a great time, are we doing this again next year" NO!!!!!! Fortunately, my 21 year old doesn't even currently have a boyfriend, and we told her she has our blessing to wait a couple of years before she get married!! It cost's a fortune to put on a wedding!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 05:43 PM

Wow--you must be one stash happy woman! :D
Old 09-15-2008, 12:54 AM

How about lining your design "wall" with that room darkening drapery lining fabric (the name has escaped me at the moment) and hang it over the patio door.