Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I think I scared the mail lady. >

I think I scared the mail lady.

I think I scared the mail lady.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:12 PM

Never had to chase the mailman down, we are one of the first on his route.
but the day my long arm and frame was to be delivered, I saw the UPS truck on the cross street about 9:00 am, then he turned on the street just next to ours. I was so excited, thinking maybe he was going around the block. After 10 minutes, and no truck, I walked down the block to see if maybe he was making deliveries. No truck in the area at all! I sat on my front porch all day, wondering what was going on. After all,I did see the truck, and the tracking info said it had been loaded on the truck for delivery that day. Finally the truck came about 5:00 pm. The driver told me the earlier truck was for commercial deliveries (we are close to 2 schools, and the cross street runs into a commercial section), and he often will hold larger packages until the end of the route. I did not know there were different routes for home deliveries and commercial!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:06 PM

I have stopped my mail carrier when I was going out and she had not reached my house yet to check on mail (a check) I was expecting. I keep apologising (sp?) to my mail carrier where I live now because HSN, other on line orders and QVC have started using the UPPS as much as UPS for smaller packages. I guess they (USPS) is finally competitive now that gas has gotten higher and UPS is charging more to ship? Take care.
Linda
Old 04-03-2011, 02:06 PM

I have stopped my mail carrier when I was going out and she had not reached my house yet to check on mail (a check) I was expecting. I keep apologising (sp?) to my mail carrier where I live now because HSN, other on line orders and QVC have started using the UPPS as much as UPS for smaller packages. I guess they (USPS) is finally competitive now that gas has gotten higher and UPS is charging more to ship? Take care.
Linda
Old 04-03-2011, 05:15 PM

I'm also weird. My mailman knows me now as I have hunted him down a few times
Old 04-03-2011, 06:00 PM

Am I the only one out there that has "hunted" down a mail carrier to see if a package has come yet? Or am I the freak that my hubby thinks I am? :mrgreen: I know that I am a little "wierd" but have I gone over the deep end?[/quote]

Weird?? Of course you're not weird. Just anxious to have your fabric to pet and smile about. Have to admit I often ask the mailman if he has anything for me if I see him up at the post office.
Weird? - NO WAY
Attached Thumbnails attachment-179329.jpe  
Old 04-03-2011, 08:51 PM

No, the postal carriers are not supposed to hand you your package. In this day and age unless they actually know who you are, how are they to know who they are actually giving the package to. It could be some thief. It is just a precaution, so if one happens to refuse to hand you a package, not be angry at him or her as they are only protecting your merchandize. My DH was a postal carrier or 33 years, and this is what he has said.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by bjdemir
No, the postal carriers are not supposed to hand you your package. In this day and age unless they actually know who you are, how are they to know who they are actually giving the package to. It could be some thief. It is just a precaution, so if one happens to refuse to hand you a package, not be angry at him or her as they are only protecting your merchandize. My DH was a postal carrier or 33 years, and this is what he has said.
When you live in a small town, you usually get to know your mail carrier, especially if he delivers door to door. I meet mine when he drives up my long driveway to deliver packages.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:02 AM

My mailman happens to live in my neighborhood and is the brother of one of my high school classmates (won't admit to what year). He manages to get me my packages before anyone else in the area.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by bjdemir
I don't call it protecting my merchandize when it is left in the street for anyone to take :thumbdown: Our current mail lady, otoh, drives onto our property and leaves the packages in random places, like a treasure hunt :roll:

My UPS guy, however, is wonderful. I can almost set my watch by his deliveries and he always leaves the packages by the door.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:23 PM

The UPS truck pulled in tonight so I screamed in glee and ran to the door. My sister and her girls are visiting for spring break. They definitely thought I was weird, but oh well!