Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cutting Table >

Cutting Table

Cutting Table

Old 05-07-2011, 01:04 PM

Love mine. I'm short so I removed the wheels to make the table a little lower. I leave mine open all the time.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:16 PM

I've only had my table for about a month but I love it! The height is sooo great compared to bending over folding tables or the dining room table. No more aching back, It folds up to 15" wide when not extended and would be great as a buffet table for any gathering.

Some people have said they have had problems with the frame pieces bot lining up but mine was fine. If there are any problems they are great about returning it for another one.

It's sure worth the money and the sale's a great price.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:17 PM

I've only had my table for about a month but I love it! The height is sooo great compared to bending over folding tables or the dining room table. No more aching back, It folds up to 15" wide when not extended and would be great as a buffet table for any gathering.

Some people have said they have had problems with the frame pieces bot lining up but mine was fine. If there are any problems they are great about returning it for another one.

It's sure worth the money and the sale's a great price.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:26 PM

I have one of the older ones that has a shelf underneath with a middle drawer in it. I purchased one of the large cutting mats that fits completely over the top of it. I never fold the sides down unless I am moving it to the kitchen to use as some of the others do, as a buffet table. I got a table cloth to match my dining table one and use it every year at Christmas time. It is higher than a regular table and that way the small children cannot reach things on it and get into every thing! Which is a good plus! It really is good on the back, not having to bend over so far to cut, work, etc on things. I think you would be happy with one. You will not know how you made it without one when you get it! Thay are on sale right now at JoAnn's.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:22 PM

My wife and I have three of the old style and like them. The old style does not have storage room in the center. The third one was found in the trash and only needed a good washing.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:38 PM

I have had one for several years and would be lost without it...
Old 05-07-2011, 03:40 PM

I have one and love it - My husband even managed to undo everything so we could move it with us (would not recommend as screws are not as tight anymore). I would be lost without it, tho. Someone posted here a while ago that when she put hers together nothing matched - mine lined up perfectly. So bear in mind if you buy it. Other board members have used doors and if I didn't have this table that is probably what I would do. Good luck.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Power Poster

I also have one. I bought mine 6 or 7 years age LOVE IT!
Old 05-07-2011, 04:25 PM

Probaby shouldn't say this, I used to work at Joanns. I found they were kind of flimsy IMHO. I got the steel frame shelves that "Stack" (with brackets etc) - see picture - at Menards. Similar ones at Home Depot, Lowe's etc. They come with really nice thick wood for the shelves - you pick height.

If you have 3 shelves high, makes the PERFECT height for an industrial strength cutting table. The biggest Olfa mat covers 90% of the top. Plus, you will have 2 shelves for books or storage underneath. A much better buy. I did this for an "iron board" (with portable iron surface on top) and for a cutting table. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-194331.jpe  
Old 05-07-2011, 04:37 PM

I love mine, use it for lots of things. Putting pieces together, seeing how strips look, etc.