Kitty that doesn't shed?

Old 05-13-2011, 01:15 PM

the hairless cats, I'm an animal lover but I can't stand to look at these poor things. Sometimes genetics should just not be tampered with!
Old 05-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by betsymjeff
Maybe, I will just not get me a kitty right now. Maybe someday again. I feel soo bad about getting my last one declawed. I did not look into it that much.
I think you're right! If you have the issues you mentioned you're much better off without a cat. People who love cats put up with all the problems associated with them because the cats bring so much joy to their lives. On the other hand there are lots of other kinds of pets you might be better suited for. Even a short haired dog or puppy might be the perfect pet for you.

8-)
Old 05-14-2011, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Bev
Maybe, I will just not get me a kitty right now. Maybe someday again. I feel soo bad about getting my last one declawed. I did not look into it that much.
I think you're right! If you have the issues you mentioned you're much better off without a cat. People who love cats put up with all the problems associated with them because the cats bring so much joy to their lives. On the other hand there are lots of other kinds of pets you might be better suited for. Even a short haired dog or puppy might be the perfect pet for you.

8-)
Poodles don't shed! But they need to be groomed regularly or they end up looking like a mop!

:lol:
Old 05-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

Don't feel bad, now you know for the future. I am sure your vet offered up the procedure like a side of fries is offered up at a burger joint. Can't tell you how many vet's offices I have overheard them offer it up when the poor kitty is being put in for spay or neuter. It happened to me once, I calmly said absolutely not but felt like tearing them a new one. Had my cat fixed and found a new vet right away. What is the petowner to think when the vet is recommending it? We think vets are supposed to know what is best for our furkids. Thankfully more and more people are becoming aware and becoming proactive advocates for their furkids and less and less vets are offering it up like a side of fries. Same with cropped ears on some breeds of dogs. It is now difficult to find a vet that will do it.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:33 AM

I have had poodles in the past. I love them too. Maybe I will consider one of them again. They can be quite lovable too.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:55 PM

hairless???? I don't think I would like that. Do they just have the skin?
Yes, and they are not cute. Strange to look at. I like my fur-ball.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:26 AM

Oh my Lord! I've never heard of such an awful thing coming out of the mouth of a vet! That would be my last appointment with that one! I thought vets were supposed to advocate for the animals, not for their bottom line. Shocking.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:30 AM

I think the easiest thing is to get upholstery and carpeting that matches the cat fur, or vice versa.