Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What would do? >

What would do?

What would do?

Old 08-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Power Poster

take off the finding and add more and keep the friendship but be open to discuss money involvement in another project if it comes up.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:05 PM

Ask yourself this; how do you feel about doing more on the quilt? It's not just about how she feels, you know? If you redo the quilt but feel like you are being taken advantage of, but not saying so, then that will take it's toll on the friendship.

You really do need to have her over for coffee or whatever and have an open discussion about the quilt and the work that went into it. If she doesn't quilt herself, she might regard it as just a little sewing project. A lot of people don't realize how much time, effort, money and hard work go into making a quilt. You did more than "just a little favor" for her.

To ask you to redo the quilt without realizing the extend of what she is really asking of you is not fair. And it is the sort of thing that can eat at you unless you do have a real heart to heart HONEST talk with her about it. I think you owe it to both of you, and that very long friendship that you want to keep going.

You've asked all of us what we think, so let us ask you. How do you feel about taking on this chore, and it will be a chore? DO you feel you are being taken advantage of? Do you really feel like you would rather tell her thanks, but no thanks, once was enough? Could you suggest she have someone else add on to the quilt? Where do YOU stand?
Old 08-30-2011, 03:20 AM

When a quilt it done it is DONE! If mine are not exactly the size needed for the bed, I just turn it sidewise. After all, how many people are coming thru your bedroom on TOUR? Did she admire how beautiful the quilt looked? how nice you made her blocks look when worked into a quilt? Did she take you to lunch in appreciation for your kind work? That's what real friends do for each other. You may have one that thrives on complaining vs appreciation.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:46 PM
pal

If it were me, I would tell my friend that to add to it would ruin the look of it and that I wouldn't even know how to go about doing it. And that would be the truth.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:04 PM

There are solid quilt like things(sorry I dont know what they are called, but not skirts) usually white or ivory in the center and colored along the edges that are made to sort of frame a quilt that is a little to small.