Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
T Shirt Quilt >

T Shirt Quilt

T Shirt Quilt

Old 09-06-2011, 11:39 PM

Pm me if you need to vent. I am doing a quilt for the parents of the baby they lost the other day.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:35 AM

I have made several T-shirt quilts and have used the light weight fusible Pellon and fusible tricot interfacing. My favorite is the tricot. The heavier interfacings seem to make the blocks heavy and thus the whole quilt heavy. Because of that, I also use a very light batting such as Thermore. When shirts have a number on the back, I have sewn the team name and the number together to make a single block. I have also included computer printed pictures of the team, etc. To finish, I quilted with a medium meander and quilted right over the wording without any problem. Good luck.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by shrabar
I wish someone lived closer to me to help I need these to come out very good, Thanks for your help
I made a t-shirt quilt for my daughter's sorority sister last year. It was the t-shirts her daughter had worn through grade and middle schools. I used a iron on mesh stabilizer. It is like tricot on one side. I just made sure the tricot stretch was pressed on oposite of the t-shirt stretch. Be sure to apply it before you cut the t-shirt block. Made it larger than your finished block will be and then you can trim it to the size you need. I am attaching a picture so you can see how the quilt turned out. Will be anxious to see a picture of your finished project. You will do fine.

T-Shirt Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]253052[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-253046.jpe  
Old 09-08-2011, 12:18 PM

Pretty I like the colors too.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:29 PM

that is a good tip !!!
Old 09-11-2011, 06:42 PM

I used Pellon 906F and did not have 'any' stretching at all on my t-shirt quilt.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:38 PM

I know that this is late for an answer. I am just getting to reading all of my e:mails. I have been in and out of the hospital and had surgrey about a month ago so since August 15 I havbeen out of everything that is fun. I have made a number of T-shirt quilts , in fact I am working on one now. I use the woven fusible interfacing and I put the straight grain of interfacing on the stretch grain of T-shirt. I also like to applique pictures of the things that person enjoyed doing or does.
I made a big queen size one for a friend that lost her only son and I put a lot of his pictures of different things on it and she was really surprised but really loved it. Did the same thing to the one that I am doing now. You can e:mail if you wnat I live in Missouri
Old 10-19-2011, 08:00 PM

buttons i would like to email you my email addy is [email protected]