Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Did you get this? >
  • Did you get this?

• Did you get this?

Old 10-28-2011, 09:48 AM

Seriously???
    Old 10-28-2011, 10:12 AM

Yeah I got one of those a couple of days ago.
    Old 10-28-2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by chaskaquilter
    Can't imagine another board that would be as good as this one. It is so well run and watched over and so full of fascinating folks and quilting everything. I spend enough time on here, just wouldn't have any left for any other board.
    I agree with this.
    I can only add that this place and the people who make up is wonderful!
    Personally speaking, I have accepted and help me despite my ignorance of the language of my "failures language" that are sure to be many for the use of a translator!
    Thanks to whoever tells thanks to who moderates!
    Thank you all for being who they are!
    Have a great day and a big hug!
    Old 10-28-2011, 10:32 AM

Oh, I think she quite seriously wanted to get people from this board to help her, lol. I got that email, and as one of the very least talented (sewing wise) people on here, I got a good laugh out of it.

I went onto the chat board, and guess who was there, trying to convince people to help her? You got it...Jenniferloop. I had already looked to see if she was a legit member, and she had one message, complimenting a quilt...four whole words. I had gone into chat, in the early hours, btw, to see if anyone else had received this message. The chatters in there were trying to pin her down about where she lived, and she was tap dancing all around it.

I asked her WHY she wanted to start a new quilting board, and she said she wanted the fame. Lol. She pointed out that we get 20K visitors every day. Don't even doubt that, but she wants our members to do the work, show our work, etc, and she gets the fame. I asked her how old she was, and no reply. I am so new that I had to ask why her name was flashing at the top of chat, lol. Apparently she wanted to talk "alone". I didn't.

I would have reported it, but again, so new I didn't know how, and then found out (in chat) that she was already reported. I did look up her website she gave, and believe she is in India. Her language use also makes me believe that.

I don't think she is going to be the cause of virus problems, email scams, etc...I think she really does want FAME (I'm gonna live forever?), just doesn't want to put out her own effort. Good try, no cigar.
    Old 10-28-2011, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Opal Jane
    There was a previous post that there were some unhappy people on this board and another board was being created, maybe she is the creator. Doesn't much matter to me as I like it here and have no plans to join another board.

Why would anyone not be happy here?
    Old 10-28-2011, 10:48 AM

strange.
    Old 10-28-2011, 10:56 AM

One of the things I like about this board is how quickly folks respond to problems; gives me confidence that posts & info is legit. I really value that.
    Old 10-28-2011, 11:29 AM

And, don't know about anyone else, but this group has so much info, inspiration, etc - I have a hard time keeping up with it, let alone another group![/quote]

I plan to stay right here-it feels like family-inspiration-ideas and great tutorials!
    Old 10-28-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by grammatjr
    I avoid anything with bad spelling like that, as it is usually not legitimate - someone said it right - it is like those "a stranger has entrusted you with a million dollars" thing. Probably a virus, spam or phishing.

And, don't know about anyone else, but this group has so much info, inspiration, etc - I have a hard time keeping up with it, let alone another group!
    I agree, Gramma, if I take on another forum, I'll never get anything done! I love this board and reap lots of good from everyone's comments, suggestions and information.
    Old 10-28-2011, 11:47 AM

Wow, I learn so much here. Even learn about the dark side of some people. Thanks again for the heads up. This is my go to place. I have learned more here than at any class I have taken. I learn and am inspired everyday. Thanks everyone.
    Originally Posted by auniqueview
    Oh, I think she quite seriously wanted to get people from this board to help her, lol. I got that email, and as one of the very least talented (sewing wise) people on here, I got a good laugh out of it.

I went onto the chat board, and guess who was there, trying to convince people to help her? You got it...Jenniferloop. I had already looked to see if she was a legit member, and she had one message, complimenting a quilt...four whole words. I had gone into chat, in the early hours, btw, to see if anyone else had received this message. The chatters in there were trying to pin her down about where she lived, and she was tap dancing all around it.

I asked her WHY she wanted to start a new quilting board, and she said she wanted the fame. Lol. She pointed out that we get 20K visitors every day. Don't even doubt that, but she wants our members to do the work, show our work, etc, and she gets the fame. I asked her how old she was, and no reply. I am so new that I had to ask why her name was flashing at the top of chat, lol. Apparently she wanted to talk "alone". I didn't.

I would have reported it, but again, so new I didn't know how, and then found out (in chat) that she was already reported. I did look up her website she gave, and believe she is in India. Her language use also makes me believe that.

I don't think she is going to be the cause of virus problems, email scams, etc...I think she really does want FAME (I'm gonna live forever?), just doesn't want to put out her own effort. Good try, no cigar.