Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just my opinion >

Just my opinion

Just my opinion

Old 12-11-2011, 04:18 PM

I also agree....I'm not the greatest quilter and all the info I have gained here has helped me immensley. One thing I want to try now is the BIG STITCH. I used to hand quilt but have arthritis in my hands and can't manage the small needles and stitches anymore but love the idea of being able to hand quilt using the big stitch...Thank you all so much for all your great tips and ideas.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:42 PM

I agree also....that's why I keep coming back!!! I love seeing everyone's quilts and different projects. It's much better than reading it in a magazine!!!
Old 12-11-2011, 05:35 PM

I agree! I've learned so much on this board and everyone is so helpful with color coordinations and design tips.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
Please understand that this is just my opinion, but after reading/perusing two different magazine arrivals I have decided that there is far more talent on this board than some of what is being published in national magazines. Every day that I read the posts and view the pictures on the Quilting Board I see such awesome designs and workmanship. It is so inspiring.

So congratulations to all of you and please keep up your wonderful work.
please understand, that in today's market of "why buy a magazine, when I can find everything ONLINE" the magazine publishers are having a tough time finding people who will publish a pattern in a magazine anymore. THey are all doing blogs, selling their wares on Etsy, or on the blog..who needs the hassle of a magazine publishing? So, they are stuck with Beginner designers and beginner style patterns. The only NEW stuff you will find is now all geared to ART stuff...so the more advanced, experienced quilter is pretty much dumping their mag. scripts these days!
Old 12-11-2011, 09:36 PM

So right - I have bookmarked a lot of quilts and patterns. Most of all the quick reply to a question or help when I need it now!
Old 12-11-2011, 09:46 PM

I concur with your opinion! This board is far better than the quilting magazines! I had cancelled all mine before finding this board even. There is not much in them to interest me.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:26 AM

I agree with you completely. When I look at some of the quilts pictured in the magazines and see that the edges are wavy, the corners are sloppy and the work is generally not 'top knotch', I definetely would choose the work done by QB members. They take pride in their work.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:44 AM

Although I agree that this board is wonderful and I have learned a lot and I wouldn't be without it, I still like the quilt magazines I subscribe to. They do feature the newer fabrics and do have some interesting patterns. I picked up two great magazines at the bookstore - one from the UK and one from France which had some marvelous quitsl in them - something that I would have to stumble upon online! Besides, I do like to sit on the couch and thumb through magazines once in a while. Sort of why I like books instead of ereaders.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:52 AM

This is so true. I have cancelled my subscriptions to 2 magazines. I found they were getting repetitive and covering topics I was not interested in. I love our group. We can post anything and someone will have the answer or know where to find it. Sisters helping sisters!!!! A blessed, and happy Christmas to all my quilting sisters. I will be putting up a CHRISTMAS tree.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:27 PM

I don't subscribe to magazines anymore either. There are so many wonderful people, ideas, links, etc. on this board I see no benefit to paying for the expensive subscriptions.