Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pictures of my new studio! >

Pictures of my new studio!

Pictures of my new studio!

Old 07-30-2009, 07:43 AM

Just tack a large piece of felt on the wall and there it is!!!!
You can use a window shade with felt on it and then roll it up when not in use
Old 07-30-2009, 09:47 AM

Great room. For the design wall buy white flannel - 2 separate cuts of at least 2 yards each and staple to the wall or use push pins. The staples can be just a regular staple type. That's what I did.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:52 AM

You're so smart to leave an 'empty' space for your design wall. I hope you'll get plenty of suggestions for how to make one.

I made a sleeve on the top of a big piece of white flannel. DH put big cup hooks on the wall to hold the dowel we put through the sleeve. When I made my on-point watercolor quilt (the one that I lost), I marked 2" squares diagonally on a white piece of flannel for a sleeve. That one was done when Mom and I shared a sewing room in her BIG apartment in AZ. Of course, now we all know that the EASIEST way to do watercolor quilts is with the pre-marked adhesive backing. But flannel still makes a good design background. I've heard that the back of a Vinyl tablecloth is EVEN BETTER, but I haven't tried that yet.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:57 AM

Great space. thanks for letting us peek in. I have the same Longaberger Basket w/ the hunter green lining in my sewing room! :lol:
Old 07-30-2009, 11:57 AM

I love your sewing room! I just finished reading a super book on quilting studios. Its called " Creating your perfect quilting space" by Lois Hallock. It has tons of wonderful ideas for storage and setups for quilting studios. I got it from the local library. I promptly went out and bought bed raisers for my cutting table so it would be easier on my back. (now why didn't i think of that?) also has ideas for design walls- some were already mentioned here. If you feel that you need a little color on your window, you could just put a small valance at the top of your blinds. Is the side table you got from Walmart wiggly like a TV tray or is it stable? it looks like it would make a good secondary cutting or pressing surface.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:00 PM

WoW!!!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 02:19 PM

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Surely you are not going to sell your baskets at a garage sale. Sell them on E-bay or something. They are too expensive to get anything at a garage sale.

Peg-TX
Old 07-30-2009, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by sewmom
I love your sewing room! I just finished reading a super book on quilting studios. Its called " Creating your perfect quilting space" by Lois Hallock. It has tons of wonderful ideas for storage and setups for quilting studios. I got it from the local library. I promptly went out and bought bed raisers for my cutting table so it would be easier on my back. (now why didn't i think of that?) also has ideas for design walls- some were already mentioned here. If you feel that you need a little color on your window, you could just put a small valance at the top of your blinds. Is the side table you got from Walmart wiggly like a TV tray or is it stable? it looks like it would make a good secondary cutting or pressing surface.
Hi there!

The table from WalMart is not 'wiggly' at all. It's been great as a pressing table!

Ethel
Old 07-30-2009, 02:54 PM

Love your room! So organized and spacious. :D
Old 07-30-2009, 04:26 PM

Beautiful work area; the Longaberger makes it! I am a collector as well and am thinking of selling the majority of mine too, except special ones...

Have fun creating in your new space!