Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Long Holiday Weekend - What will you be making this weekend >

Long Holiday Weekend - What will you be making this weekend

Long Holiday Weekend - What will you be making this weekend

Old 01-19-2014, 07:38 PM

While watching the Seahawks win! I finished a challenge block that hand some hand applique work to do on it. Monday the LQS is open for our Small quilts club meeting and then to a friends house for 2 hours working on wool applique.
This week end I also put together baby quilt for our first grandbaby (a girl) and will start quilting it this week.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:41 PM

_Binding niece's quilt.
-Making pinwheels for doll quilt.
-getting stuff to make a battery-operated motor for son's science fair project
Old 01-20-2014, 04:02 AM

I cant make anything, I had surgery last week and my arm is in a cast. I'm hoping my friend will cut and pin then I can try to run the fabric thru the machine. lol
Old 01-20-2014, 06:02 AM

Finished my disappearing pinwheel #2 blocks from Missouri Quilt Co. Sewed them together and they needed some umphhhh....so I used my handy dandy ripper to undo them and added black sashing and now they look great. Need to add a border yet to finish the top. Yesterday I made 4 outdoor pillows for under our patio furniture and covered a blocked of Styrofoam with same fabric to hang on the fence.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:18 AM

I went to Indiana to celebrate... Christmas with my grand children. (They gave me a gift card to a local quilt shop, near their home. Smart grandchildren!) Today, MLK Day, it is back to the office secretly to work without interruptions then ... home to finish one of the Birthday Treats Exchange quilt tops. Three others are all in one stage or another of completion. Then I could work on my Farmer's Wife top, my Light and Dark top, or go to JoAnn's and by the batting for one or two of the UFO tops..... I have plenty to choose from.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:40 AM

I know I'm a little late in answering this...it's Monday morning... but this is really the first time I could sit at the computer much this weekend. It has been lovely... our son's birthday Friday and they came for supper and cheesecake (his favorite), then Saturday was our 39th anniversary and we just kicked around all weekend. Went to a movie then a local HS basketball game (I know, romantic!!!) ha ha... yesterday worked on the hand quilting for a quilt that REALLY needs to be finished!! Today? well, after a leisurely breakfast, I'm going to stay here for a bit, then clean up and do a little shopping.. then back to the quilt.... feeling very blessed!!
Old 01-20-2014, 06:48 AM

I will be working on charity quilts.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:51 AM

I am late to this party too, but this was my weekend to work. Normally I would be babysitting my DGKs, but their dad was off today so I have the whole day to play!
I will be working on my first paper piecing project - a feathered star snowflake wallhanging. Wish me luck!
Old 01-20-2014, 06:52 AM

Not getting out of my pajammies till noon, drinking Gevalia coffee, looking through all the QB posts, THEN putting the binding on 5 more NICU quilts, (I did get the sewing room cleaned) start working my UFO's! Grandson is here, so I am enjoying his LEGO's building while we both are being entertained by Lord of the Rings trilogy!
Old 01-20-2014, 10:04 AM

I am using this long weekend to clean my sewing room. It is sure in need of it.