Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How much time do you spend on Quilting Board site? >

How much time do you spend on Quilting Board site?

How much time do you spend on Quilting Board site?

Old 04-10-2010, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
I should be doing housework right now instead I am on the computer reading messages on the Quilting Board site.
Same here...my DH would (and probably does!) think I spend too much time here! I do learn lots from everyone who posts, though...this site is a wealth of info and tips on quilting...
Old 04-10-2010, 02:08 PM

Hi There,
I want to tell you a story about my iron.My mother bought this iron in 1942.It was the first light iron that sunbeam made.When my mother died in 1944 i took the iron out of her house and have used it every since.
I was a young girl of 19 years when my mother died and now I am an old lady of 86 years. I confess that I didn't use the iron a lot
over the years but kept it in our airstream trailor and used it when we travled.Now I use it every day ironing my blocks as I sew.I get so much pleasure using my Mothers iron now. It is just like new. Handquilter
Old 04-10-2010, 02:10 PM

Hi There,
I want to tell you a story about my iron.My mother bought this iron in 1942.It was the first light iron that sunbeam made.When my mother died in 1944 i took the iron out of her house and have used it every since.
I was a young girl of 19 years when my mother died and now I am an old lady of 86 years. I confess that I didn't use the iron a lot
over the years but kept it in our airstream trailor and used it when we travled.Now I use it every day ironing my blocks as I sew.I get so much pleasure using my Mothers iron now. It is just like new. Handquilter
Old 04-10-2010, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by handquilter
Hi There,
Oh! Handquilter, that is a lovely story. What a special way to have felt close to your mom all these years!
Bootsie
Old 04-11-2010, 01:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by craftybear
How much time do you spend on this site (Quilting Board)

I am so addicted to this quilting board site. I love reading all of the messages and looking at the cool quilts. I learn something new every day.

Craftybear
I am with you Karen, I love this board. Penny
Old 04-12-2010, 01:30 AM

Well, the fact that it's 2:30 AM now and I'm STILL on this board...... yup, addicted indeed!
Old 04-12-2010, 04:55 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
DH says we are all sick, that it sucks us in & we belong to the screen god. Says I can't live without it. He's right but I would never tell him that. I love my computer, this board & all my dear & near friends. Besides I'm retired, I don't have to get up in the morning if I don't want to & I can do what I please.
:thumbup: ahh! these southern men! go eat a carrot and quit whining for dinner while i'm on the computer.
I have my priorities and you are not no.1!!! :lol:
Old 04-12-2010, 05:00 AM
Power Poster

Hi There,
wow, love this story!
I have a set of hot rollers I got for 14th birthday and i am 52 and they still work. When blow dryers came out, they got shelved, but occasionally I still use them. (Clairol)
Old 04-12-2010, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Hi There,
wow, love this story!
I have a set of hot rollers I got for 14th birthday and i am 52 and they still work. When blow dryers came out, they got shelved, but occasionally I still use them. (Clairol)
I still have my Clairol makeup mirror I got when I was 12 or 13. I still use it, had to replace bubls a couple of years ago, So it's about 42 years old.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:13 AM

I lunch at my desk and on the Board.