Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Bears in bed >

Bears in bed

Bears in bed

Old 06-10-2010, 06:38 AM

My avatar is my dear Henry who died from blastomycosis, a fungal infection in his lungs. Henry, like my other dogs, was a "South Arkansas Road Dog," a common breed here since people dump so many animals on country roads. He had a spell this past winter when he dug out of the yard no matter what I did to block him from it. He would take himself hunting in the woods and come back muddy. His vet said the fungus came from the wet soil that Henry hunted in.

His dear vet gave me for a replacement a three-legged black and tan coonhound who needed a home. She is a sweetie. Her name is Leila.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:08 AM

They look as snug as a bug in a rug :-P
Old 06-10-2010, 09:31 AM

Mighty cute and what a great idea! I've a huge stash of plush stuff from when a toy company closed down many years ago. I should use some in quilts since I've pretty much quit making stuffed critters now and concentrate mainly on quilts.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:07 AM

That is so precious.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Champagnolle
This quilt is for a friend's grandson expected this summer. I got the idea from a picture of a quilt by Barbara Vlack and Bunny Hanson in a 1989 quilt art datebook. The squares are from Linda Causee's 101 Patchwork Potholders.

The bears are machine appliqued from fleece and fake fur -- all washable. The rabbits are ultrasuede.
This quilt is absolutely ADORABLE! What a lucky baby boy!
Old 06-10-2010, 03:30 PM

:thumbup: that is to darn sweet
Old 06-10-2010, 05:48 PM

So cute!
Old 06-10-2010, 06:44 PM

My avatar is my dear Henry who died from blastomycosis, a fungal infection in his lungs. Henry, like my other dogs, was a "South Arkansas Road Dog," a common breed here since people dump so many animals on country roads. He had a spell this past winter when he dug out of the yard no matter what I did to block him from it. He would take himself hunting in the woods and come back muddy. His vet said the fungus came from the wet soil that Henry hunted in.

His dear vet gave me for a replacement a three-legged black and tan coonhound who needed a home. She is a sweetie. Her name is Leila.
Thank you for taking in Leila, and my condolences on your loss of Henry. I hope there is a special place in Heaven for people like you.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:47 PM

*smiling* that is so sweet .. adorable!
Old 06-10-2010, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by watson's mom

Thank you for taking in Leila, and my condolences on your loss of Henry. I hope there is a special place in Heaven for people like you.
I'm sorry to hear about your Henry; it is so sad to lose a loved pet. Some people have said that if you bury human hair clippings where dogs dig they won't dig there anymore. I've never tried it but buried rocks instead. Seemed to keep my daughter's little dog in the yard - guess she didn't like scratching her claws on them. Good luck with your new little buddy.