Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Airedale Quilts >

Airedale Quilts

Airedale Quilts

Old 06-24-2010, 06:50 AM

Starstuck wrote: can I copy your idea? I am with greyhound rescue and it would be a neat idea for them.

Just want everyone to know and understand that these two Airedale quilts are NOT my creations. I saw them in a magazine and made changes to fit my needs. I copied them, myself. If copying isn't okay, then I'm dead in the water. I do not have a creative mind. I see things that I like and unless it strictly says 'copyright', I try to find the owner and if I can't, I make it. I always tell where it come from. Would love to see it when you make it with Greyhounds. I made and donated a quilt to Greyhound Rescue in Wisconsin a few years ago.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:52 AM

Farmer623 wrote: We had an Airedale years ago who still holds the title of being the craziest dog we ever had. I loved him,

That sounds so much like a typical Airedale. Gotta love them.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:53 AM

Thanks, everyone for the nice comments about the quilts. Working with Airedales rank really high on my list of priorities.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:33 AM

Both quilts are wonderful!!! Glad to see the stairway quilt made a lot of money for the cause! :)
Old 06-24-2010, 09:46 AM

I love your work. Do they have one for Borzoi?
Old 06-24-2010, 09:48 AM

i love them , you are such a good person to donate your quilts to help airdales. :thumbup:
Old 06-24-2010, 10:20 AM

Roberta wrote: Do they have one for Borzoi.

I don't, but if you could get someone to draw a design, you could do one.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:58 AM

My neice (Annie Grin) is an Airdale. I love her to pieces. She is such an entertaining and sweet thing! When we visit she effortless jumps up on my DH and puts her paws on his shoulders and licks his face. My DH is 6'7" Annie and our 2 goldens have finally gotten used to each other. Our youngest golden used to be very afraid of Annie because she was so curious. I am sending Annie's mom your quilt picture. She is also a quilter!
Old 06-24-2010, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
Starstuck wrote: can I copy your idea? I am with greyhound rescue and it would be a neat idea for them.

Just want everyone to know and understand that these two Airedale quilts are NOT my creations. I saw them in a magazine and made changes to fit my needs. I copied them, myself. If copying isn't okay, then I'm dead in the water. I do not have a creative mind. I see things that I like and unless it strictly says 'copyright', I try to find the owner and if I can't, I make it. I always tell where it come from. Would love to see it when you make it with Greyhounds. I made and donated a quilt to Greyhound Rescue in Wisconsin a few years ago.
The quilts are beautiful. I'm also with greyhound rescue. Could you share the patterns? I tried to find the Hearts & Dales (I Wooly Love Ewe) pattern on Fons and Porter but couldn't. The Stairway to Cat Heaven is a McCalls pattern. I don't know if it's still available or not.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:52 AM

BTW you can order different dog breed fabric from http://hotdiggitydog.com/. They have about 300 different breeds. They also have numerous different animal fabrics not just dogs.