Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Another Iowegian :) >

Another Iowegian :)

Another Iowegian :)

Old 07-28-2010, 05:21 PM

Another Iowan, born and bred. We're the best and welcome. Am certain you will enjoy all of the chatter.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Edie
Originally Posted by Midwestmary
Originally Posted by Edie
Helloo, MidwestMary from Iowa! This is Edie from St. Paul, just a hop, skip and jump away from you Iowegians!!! I am a German/Swede! But then I guess we all are from this neck of the woods, eh? I have some paper piecing here I got from quilterscache.com and am getting ready to try it. Have been quilting for 13 years now and I would say it is about time to try paper piecing! I am already addicted to quilting, does getting addicted to paper piecing make you twice as addicted?????? Edie
Hi Edie! I am actually a transplanted Minnesota girl - from Minneapolis (the "other city"!!)

I really like the paper piecing...I like puzzles and it kind of reminds me of that. I haven't done anything big - wall hanging size stuff so the projects go quickly. And yes, I'm afraid all of it is addicting :)

Nice to hear from you! I seldom get to the cities anymore and miss it.
Oh, the town across the river, eh? My husband's family is from the Amana Colonies. My husband and I renewed our wedding vows at the Little Brown Church in the Vale in Nashua Iowa (where we were married 50 years ago) and headed down to Middle Amana where my husband's aunt lived. We stopped at the Heritage Quilt Shop. Marvelous fabrics there. Very nice people. Love that shop! Then two weeks later his aunt passed away and we went to the funeral and before we left we stopped at the quilt shop again and I loaded up! I truly love Iowa. I love the Amana Colonies (you have to look past the tourist-y stuff and recall the way it used to be. My husband's father was born in Middle Amana and I got to see it for the first time in 1969 and loved it ever since. Still have relatives there.

My aim in my life is to do a Mariner's Compass! Edie

Marengo is just west of South Amana (6 Miles), on Hwy. 6.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:34 PM

Welcome Mary have a great time on this site. I'm also from Iowa. Jane
Old 07-28-2010, 06:44 PM

Hello and welcome from Idaho. I'm glad you joined the board.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Power Poster

Welcome from Michigan.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Midwestmary
Originally Posted by oksewglad
xenodeno--Hello and welcome to you from an Iowa girl!! Have you gotten into EQ yet? I bought a rain gauge so it can quit raining. Farmer DH said get it put up ASAP!
oksewglad - I love your Avatar - is it paper pieced? Sure am enjoying this site!

xenodeno - Welcome! I hope you were not affected by all the flooding up your way. Sad to see the amount of damge. I'm in Cedar Rapids - we're still recovering from the June '08 flood.
MWmary; thank you and no it is not PP. The original pattern is called Blessings from ThisNThat, which makes the baskets an 8" block. I cut the size down so each basket is 2" which means the HST are 1/2" finished. LQS owner tells me I am crazy and guild friend claims I need therapy LOL.
You need to check out the miniature and paper pieced virtual sections to see lots of small quilts by board members. Some really fantastic ones there.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Power Poster

Hello and welcome from Boston, Ma
Old 07-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Power Poster

Hello and Welcome to the board :D:D:D
Old 07-29-2010, 07:05 AM

Welcome from West Virginia Mary, Glad you found us.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:45 PM

Welcome Mary, you will find this an amazing quilt board, with amazing quilters... ask a question, and you have an answer or help in minutes.... I live in Western Iowa.... wet here, but not what you have... stay safe. Quilter 1234