Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA >

CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA

CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA

Old 08-16-2010, 12:07 PM

I have the best snack mix that I give out every other year for Christmas. On the year that I bake cookies everyone gets mad at me. I also have been the most requested mom for the college kids because of this mix. It can be made ahead and looks great in tins...Should I post it here or in recipes?
Old 08-16-2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyblue
I have done rice bags before, and potholders. I love potholders. Easy to make, use up scraps, and they're something that definitely gets used.

I did some string pieced potholders and the quilt-as-you go method from Sharon Pederson's Reversible Quilts book. They went together really fast since the piecing and the quilting were done at the same time.
I'm really interested in learning how to make these rice bags... do you guys know if there is a tutorial here for those?
Old 08-16-2010, 12:13 PM

I think you guys have added some coasters onto my list too, but I don't know if they will be for christmas gifts or be staying here because my daughter says that she will not share them after I make them LOL she is soo funny sometimes
Old 08-16-2010, 12:29 PM

I posted our granola recipe. It is always a big hit.You can vary the ingredients too!
Old 08-17-2010, 01:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sue Fish
I think it would be fun to share patterns, links for patterns and ideas and suggestions for Christmas and holiday gift giving...time to get started!! Lets start sending in the ideas and inspire each other to get busy!!
I forgot to mention something I have done for my 3 grand daughters since the first one was about 5 yr old....I save toilet paper tubes and I fill them with little goodies like balloons, candy, hair clips, coins, trinkets of all sorts..anything small enough to fit inside and then I wrap the tubes sort of like those "crackers"..starting Dec 1. I let them each pick one when I see them..if we go there or they come here they get to pick one every time I see them..they live nearby so we see them often...they love it! But you have to give it some thought and collect little goodies early
Old 08-17-2010, 01:59 AM

Any suggestions for boys ages 7-15 years old? I always have a terrible time coming up with something for my 8 nephews. :shock:

Last year I gave them cash inside a "magic wallet", but cash is kind of boring.

My 3 nieces are easy to make/buy for. :mrgreen: One's a "girly girl", so she likes anything pink and frilly. One likes horses. And the other likes purple. I made her a "booty bag" purse from a pair of blue jeans a couple of years ago, and decorated it with purple beads and purple faux fur. It really wasn't anything spectacular, but you would've thought I gave her the moon. :)
Old 08-17-2010, 02:07 AM

Wow you guys are ambitious. Its been to hot to think about Christmas. Thanks for all the ideas. I better be getting ambitious too. Thanks everyone :thumbup:
Old 08-17-2010, 02:12 AM

Yes! Please post the recipe! Sounds great, thanks!
Old 08-17-2010, 03:15 AM

Do you knit, scarves, hats and mittens are always a good idea for the guys.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:17 AM

Ive done the cookies in a jar recipes place in a basket with oven mittens or pot holeders, cookie cutters, wooden spoons and kitchen towels.