Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What's on your design wall? >

What's on your design wall?

What's on your design wall?

Old 11-02-2010, 07:43 AM

I am making my first D9P for another granddaughter who loves skulls. It should be a lap quilt.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-118213.jpe   attachment-118214.jpe  
Old 11-02-2010, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by JAGSD
I have a couple different things going too, but on my design wall I have started a Winter theme quilt.I have always wanted to do holiday/seasonal themed quilts, so I finally started this one yesterday. I Am not sure where exactly it is going as far as how it's being put together. So far am just working on 2 different set of snomen blocks. I also have some metallic silver snowflakes that are just begging to be added too.
Hello Jagsd....Really love your quilt so far!! Does the light blue snowflake material have sparklies in it?? I have been looking for the light blue like that but with sparkles. Walmart had it last year but I didn't buy enough...dern it. Anyway, I am going to make a winter quilt with snowflakes. I just LOVE SNOW!! Yeah, I live in Florida but come from Pittsburgh and lived in Ohio for many years and miss the snow. If I ever get this horse quilt done I may get the winter one started before the palm trees start swaying in the summer heat...lol Anyway, thanks for sharing your design wall and creations. It is going to be beautiful!!
Old 11-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

Maybe for your blocks: make 4 for the center, then set them on point. You will need more blocks to go around it, or add a "filler" block to help, like pinwheels or something.
Have fun!
I don't have anything "up", just too many projects are WIP's.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Corry
I have a couple different things going too, but on my design wall I have started a Winter theme quilt.I have always wanted to do holiday/seasonal themed quilts, so I finally started this one yesterday. I Am not sure where exactly it is going as far as how it's being put together. So far am just working on 2 different set of snomen blocks. I also have some metallic silver snowflakes that are just begging to be added too.
Hello Jagsd....Really love your quilt so far!! Does the light blue snowflake material have sparklies in it?? I have been looking for the light blue like that but with sparkles. Walmart had it last year but I didn't buy enough...dern it. Anyway, I am going to make a winter quilt with snowflakes. I just LOVE SNOW!! Yeah, I live in Florida but come from Pittsburgh and lived in Ohio for many years and miss the snow. If I ever get this horse quilt done I may get the winter one started before the palm trees start swaying in the summer heat...lol Anyway, thanks for sharing your design wall and creations. It is going to be beautiful!!
Thank you,
Yes, the light blue in the first block around the snoman has sparlkles in it. I had found it some time ago at our LQS "Mistle Toe Ranch" and "Quilt Corral Too". I have since tried to find more and it is a discontinued fabric. I keep checking ebay and ect. but haven't had any luck yet. It is very beautiful fabric now I wish I had bought the BOLT. That is why the color change in the other snoman block.
I really like your horse quilt too! Horses and bottle calves my true loves, well along with quilting that is.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Corry
Thank you,
Yes, the light blue in the first block around the snoman has sparlkles in it. I had found it some time ago at our LQS "Mistle Toe Ranch" and "Quilt Corral Too". I have since tried to find more and it is a discontinued fabric. I keep checking ebay and ect. but haven't had any luck yet. It is very beautiful fabric now I wish I had bought the BOLT. That is why the color change in the other snoman block.
I really like your horse quilt too! Horses and bottle calves my true loves, well along with quilting that is.
Yes, I have looked EVERYWHERE too for that fabric. I found the white sparkly this year and you can bet I bought a bunch of that...lol I have had horses all my life and wanted to do a horse quilt for myself and embroidered 17 horses on the quilt and 8 blocks with names of my some great horses I have been blessed with thru out my life. I used to rescue and rehabilitate horses but physically not able to do that any more. I surely could not have put every horse I ever had on this quilt. lol Calves are sweet. We never could raise any cattle cause we get too attached and never could eat something we raised....lol Well back to work for me....I want to see your winter quilt when it is finished.... :)