Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
Let's Make My NO-Match Pineapple Blocks!!! >

Let's Make My NO-Match Pineapple Blocks!!!

Let's Make My NO-Match Pineapple Blocks!!!

Old 11-04-2010, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Blanket Angel
Thanks for the great tut and taking the time to not only explain and with pictures. I am inspired to try this and use up some of my large scrap pile. Great place this board.
Welcome to the board from VA!! You will love all you see and learn here! So happy to hear you'll try it! It sure is a great pattern to get rid of some of those little scraps lying around! Thank you for the nice compliments, Blanket Angel!!

:-D :-D ;-) ;-) 8-)
Old 11-04-2010, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by the real misfit
this looks like fun thank you watch out scraps i have a new idea
Wow! Just think of all the beautiful creations you guys will come up with making it!! Thank you so much, the real misfit!!!

;-) ;-) :D 8-)
Old 11-04-2010, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
That's a great way to use up some scraps.
Thanks for the tut.
Thank you, susiequilt, and your welcome!! Did you recognize any of your fabrics in it? I used lots of them!! It was fun and they worked perfect for this!! Can't wait to see yours with all those beautiful fabs you have!!! :-D :-D ;) 8-)
Old 11-04-2010, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
Thanks for the tut.
Thank you, susiequilt, and your welcome!! Did you recognize any of your fabrics in it? I used lots of them!! It was fun and they worked perfect for this!! Can't wait to see yours with all those beautiful fabs you have!!! :-D :-D ;) 8-)
What fun! I'll have to go look!
I wonder how your idea would work with wider strips?
I can't handle that small stuff very well. Even a quarter inch or 1/2 inch wider would help. Some day I'll get to play and maybe try that.

This is why I don't buy patterns! I can't leave well enough alone and just follow the directions!
:-D
Old 11-04-2010, 02:00 PM

You do realize that you are "making" people have UFO'S. Well at least me. I want to go grab my scraps and forget my current project to start this block. I like it a lot, can you tell? Great job, thank you.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:52 PM

Thank you for posting this!!! I make scrappy quilts. So I love this! A pineapple quilt is in my future. I'm going to have to finish some other quilts first. :-D
Old 11-04-2010, 04:54 PM

Thanks for the tut.
I can't handle that small stuff very well. Even a quarter inch or 1/2 inch wider would help. Some day I'll get to play and maybe try that.

This is why I don't buy patterns! I can't leave well enough alone and just follow the directions!
I'm too creative to stick to directions so know what you mean. I made a block especially for you today and I'll post it later tonight. Since it's a 2to1 ratio, I made a block for you where you'll cut the strips back to 1.5"!! How does that sound? Therefore, your scraps would have to be at least 1.75" wide. You would start off with a 2.5" block. The whole block finished at 9.25" which is a great size. I want to post it here so you can see and others also might like that size better. Thank you for presenting that idea! It was a great one. Others too might not like the small size I did mine at and would prefer the much larger size. I couldn't wait to see it done in white blocks with a red background so that's what I made. For anyone who wants a larger size than this, determine the size strips you want to cut to and just add 1" to determine the size of your setting square. For example, if you want your strips cut at 2", then you would start with a 3" square. The proportions would be accurate then and look balanced.

I'll download that pic later tonight for you when my son's off his comp, I'll be able to do it then.

:D :D ;)
Old 11-04-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by zquilter
You do realize that you are "making" people have UFO'S. Well at least me. I want to go grab my scraps and forget my current project to start this block. I like it a lot, can you tell? Great job, thank you.
Yes, I can tell! I believe you already have your UFO's numbered because you know you're going to drop everything for this block!! haha. I say go for it! I work on 3-4 things at the same time alternating them to keep it interesting. Most quilters have at least a dozen projects started @ the same time! Thank you, zquilter! I'm so glad my block appeals to you that much that you 'just can't wait to start on it.' That's the way I was when I started this quilt!! You will just never believe this but this quilt was born from seeing a cake batter in two colors that were kind of ugly but I wanted to see if I could improve on it!! haha. So that's how my sherbert colored corners developed -- from the inspiration of the cake batter! It was purple and green! I think I improved on it immensely!! So after the first corner came together, I couldn't stop!! hahaha. It looked better than the cake batter!! Hope you enjoy making this one like I did!!

:-D :-D ;)
Old 11-04-2010, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by JJean
Thank you for posting this!!! I make scrappy quilts. So I love this! A pineapple quilt is in my future. I'm going to have to finish some other quilts first. :-D
Your welcome, JJean!! And I just love your avatar scrappy! I can tell you are a scrapaholic like me just by seeing your avatar pic! I'm glad it's on the 'to do' list and good girl for finishing what you've started before beginning another!! We'll look forward to seeing your wonderful creation one day! ;) :D :D 8-)
Old 11-04-2010, 05:28 PM

Thanks for the tut.

I'm too creative to stick to directions so know what you mean. I made a block especially for you today and I'll post it later tonight. Since it's a 2to1 ratio, I made a block for you where you'll cut the strips back to 1.5"!! How does that sound? Therefore, your scraps would have to be at least 1.75" wide. You would start off with a 2.5" block. The whole block finished at 9.25" which is a great size. I want to post it here so you can see and others also might like that size better. Thank you for presenting that idea! It was a great one. Others too might not like the small size I did mine at and would prefer the much larger size. I couldn't wait to see it done in white blocks with a red background so that's what I made. For anyone who wants a larger size than this, determine the size strips you want to cut to and just add 1" to determine the size of your setting square. For example, if you want your strips cut at 2", then you would start with a 3" square. The proportions would be accurate then and look balanced.

I'll download that pic later tonight for you when my son's off his comp, I'll be able to do it then.

:D :D ;)
I can't wait to see "Susie's Block"! Thanks.
:-D :-D :-D :-D