Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
tell me to stay home... >

tell me to stay home...

tell me to stay home...

Old 11-21-2010, 05:34 AM

Go and invest in your future quilting projects!

Organize your stash by color group or theme and see what your missing. Make a list so you're not 'just buying to buy' - unless of course the fabric yells out at you to take it home.

Have fun - take pictures - you know we're all jealous!
Old 11-21-2010, 05:56 AM

That really sounds great. I am familiar with area. Been nearh there many times while traveling south, even when it was Old Route 66. It is about a 4 hour drive from my home. I won't be going. Boo Hoo.

Have fun!
Originally Posted by Fancy Nancy
just got a flyer that one of the local quilting shops is going out of business end of the year - so they are having a 50% off sale on Black Friday! Was just in there and there were so many (actually nearly all) fabrics I wanted. Lots is Moda and other bigger name brands (sell for $8/yard) so wouldn't $4.00 a yard be a good deal? Some of that makes it cheaper than Wally World! See, now I have nearly talked myself into going Friday! Rats!
Old 11-21-2010, 06:21 AM

Does this shop have a website so that some of the rest of us can get in on the sale on Friday?

Originally Posted by Fancy Nancy
just got a flyer that one of the local quilting shops is going out of business end of the year - so they are having a 50% off sale on Black Friday! Was just in there and there were so many (actually nearly all) fabrics I wanted. Lots is Moda and other bigger name brands (sell for $8/yard) so wouldn't $4.00 a yard be a good deal? Some of that makes it cheaper than Wally World! See, now I have nearly talked myself into going Friday! Rats!
Old 11-21-2010, 06:27 AM

Yes, $4 would be a great buy. Get there early and be first in line and know exactly which fabric you want the most and grab those bolts. It could be like Filene's Department Store wedding dress sale!!!! And remember....fabric is definitely going up so it really is a good deal!!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 07:37 AM

no..don't stay home..GO, and get the quality fabrics for half price...wish I could go to a sale like that. I went to Joanns the other day, so disapointing. They had 50% off some things...
I really believe, they actually buy fabrics that no one else will take, or things that other stores send back...I will never go there for fabric again. :roll:
Old 11-21-2010, 07:39 AM

we want to see all the pics of the fabric and stuff that you end up taking home. have fun!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 07:49 AM

Put the charge card in the freezer, cause it will be smoking by Firday afternoon. Have fun!
Old 11-21-2010, 08:03 AM

If there is something that you truly love, go for it - but I have decided that if I don't know what I want to do with it, I don't have to have it
Old 11-21-2010, 09:00 AM

Everyone needs more fabric.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:01 AM

I am of the thought that you have to spend money to save money...think of all the money you will be saving...and then you can spend it on Christmas presents :)