Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
This is an AMAZING recipe - Easy Toffee >

This is an AMAZING recipe - Easy Toffee

This is an AMAZING recipe - Easy Toffee

Old 11-29-2010, 01:13 PM

For christmas I think I will chop up some peppermint candy canes to sprinkle over the top. This sounds so yummy I might have to get off the computer and make them now, well maybe not right now, LOL LuAnn
Old 11-29-2010, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by LUANNH
For christmas I think I will chop up some peppermint candy canes to sprinkle over the top. This sounds so yummy I might have to get off the computer and make them now, well maybe not right now, LOL LuAnn
I like your idea for a colorful top!! Eventually we'll get around to it, quilting is first + a zillion other things!! lol.

:D :D :D :D
Old 11-29-2010, 02:52 PM

Just ate the last piece. I offered some to DH and after I ate the last piece he ask where it was. I said gone I ate it all. One demon down. I am NEVER going to make it again. Because I ate 90% of it. The bowling balls on my thighs thank me. :lol:
Old 11-29-2010, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
Just ate the last piece. I offered some to DH and after I ate the last piece he ask where it was. I said gone I ate it all. One demon down. I am NEVER going to make it again. Because I ate 90% of it. The bowling balls on my thighs thank me. :lol:
Make the next batch all for him! Only be sure and freeze a couple pieces for yourself or raid his batch if you're tempted!!

:-D :-D :-D p.s. Like Scarlett said, I'll think about that tomorrow! :D :D (the diet......hmmmmm)
Old 11-29-2010, 04:47 PM

sounds great.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by TN Donna
sounds great.
Thank you, TN Donna!!

:D :D ;)
Old 12-06-2010, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
Make the next batch all for him! Only be sure and freeze a couple pieces for yourself or raid his batch if you're tempted!!

:-D :-D :-D p.s. Like Scarlett said, I'll think about that tomorrow! :D :D (the diet......hmmmmm)
He's boarder line diabetic so really doesn't need the extra sugar. Someone was making suggestions for the crumbs. I put my crumbs on hot chunky applesause. YUMMY. Yes, that means I ate almost every crumb. :lol:
Old 12-06-2010, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr

He's boarder line diabetic so really doesn't need the extra sugar. Someone was making suggestions for the crumbs. I put my crumbs on hot chunky applesause. YUMMY. Yes, that means I ate almost every crumb. :lol:
Gosh, that sounds good -- the crumbs on the applesauce but I know my crumbs would not make it that far! They'd get gobbled up right away! I think I will probably cut the butter back on this recipe. Glad that you enjoyed all the toffee and crumbs, grammy!! :-D :-D ;)
Old 10-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Power Poster

Sounds good