Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What quilt is next on your list? >

What quilt is next on your list?

What quilt is next on your list?

Old 12-23-2010, 06:41 AM

I have a looooong list of things I want to do in 2011. Right now I started doing redwork for a wall hanging. It is scenes of children playing in various seasons. It comes in a one yard panel with some border designs also. It can be cut apart which is what I am doing as I will be sashing it. It is VIP fabric and nicely stamped. I am using Flower Thread for the embroidery in a red which matches the stamp color absolutely perfect. I bought the fabric at my LQS.

Originally Posted by gaby4v
I have a list of quilts I would like to make and it is getting longer and longer. Each time I am on here, a new quilt finds its way on the list.... :lol:
I will either start a scrappy one, the spiral table topper or a pineapple block wall hanging.
So, what quilt is next on your list?
Old 12-23-2010, 06:59 AM

I wish some of you guys would SPELL OUT a few of your abbreviations. Maybe you THINK they are UNIVERSAL, but half the time I'm not sure what you mean just by the "letters"..... Guess I might eventually learn.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Grandma Libby
I wish some of you guys would SPELL OUT a few of your abbreviations. Maybe you THINK they are UNIVERSAL, but half the time I'm not sure what you mean just by the "letters"..... Guess I might eventually learn.
Hope this helps! I had to print mine out and leave it next to the computer. But I just found these online in another sight.

Acronyms

BOM Block Of the Month
BTW By The Way
DB Dear (Darling) Brother
DBF Dear (Darling) BoyFriend
DD Dear (Darling) Daughter
DDIL Dear (Darling) Daugher-In-Law
DGD Dear (Darling) GrandDaughter
DGS Dear (Darling) GrandSon
DH Dear (Darling) Husband
DS Dear (Darling) Son / Dear (Darling) Sister
DSIL Dear (Darling) Son-In-Law / Dear (Darling) Sister-In-Law
DSM Domestic Sewing Machine (home sewing machine, not longarm)
DWR Double Wedding Ring (quilt pattern)
EQ Electric Quilt (a software package for designing quilts)
FART Fabric Acquisition Road Trip
FIUP Finish It UP
GFG--Grandmother's Flower Garden
HST Half-Square Triangle
HSY Haven’t Started Yet
HTH Hope That Helps
IMHO In My Humble Opinion
IMO In My Opinion
LOL Lots Of Laughter / Laugh Out Loud
LQS Local Quilt Shop
MAM Mile-A-Minute (a modern version of crazy quilt block)
OTOH On The Other Hand
PIGS Project(s) In Grocery Sack(s)
QST Quarter Square Triangle
ROFL Rolling On the Floor Laughing
ROFLOL Rolling On the Floor Laughing Out Loud
SABLE Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy
SBS--Sunbonnet Sue
SEX Stash Enhancing eXperience
STASH Special Treasure, All Secretly Hidden
TGIF Thank God It’s Finished
TY Thank You
UFO UnFinished Object
WHIMM Work Hidden In My Mind
WIP Work In Progress
WOMBAT Waste Of Material, Batting, And Time

:mrgreen: :D :-) :-D :) :-D :mrgreen:
Old 12-23-2010, 07:21 AM

Funny to have those just like the kids!!!! Thanks for posting them!

My DH (I say dear hubby!) actually laughed outloud when I read the "FART" to him. Isn't that just like a guy??
Old 12-23-2010, 07:35 AM

crayon box quilt. I have deceided to cut up all the scraps in one tub and I already have 40 blocks finished an 45 more I'm working on. This is a fast block and a great way to use up scraps. You can find it on www.quiltville.com

Merry Christmas, I'm in South Carolina playing with the g baby
Old 12-23-2010, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by girlsfour
Funny to have those just like the kids!!!! Thanks for posting them!

My DH (I saw dear hubby!) actually laughed outloud when I read the "FART" to him. Isn't that just like a guy??
HA! Way to cute!! Ha! You're welcome... :thumbup:
Old 12-23-2010, 08:18 AM

I am starting a "Welcome" wall hanging for a friend. It was supposed to be a Christmas present but they haven't moved into their new home yet and I was behind anyway ...so just starting today. The plan in my head is a house with their name on a heart on the door, trees beside it, the word welcome in an arc over it and some kind of blocks for border. Maybe 4 patch or geese? Her colors are browns, some reds, some orange. I am going to add greens and cream to that.

Our Christmas is over, decorations all packed up and tree put away. I will be by myself, so can stitch away merrily.

When the wall hanging is finished I will go back to the Sun Bonnet Sue and finish that up.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:00 AM

I have a baby quilt up next. I had to stop and bake cookies and shop and wrap gifts to get ready for Christmas but as soon as it's over I'm getting that baby quilt done. Then I'm doing this wall hanging, http://applewd.com/BOM/page1.html but not in blue.

Then I have a pink, yellow, and orange quilt ready to go together for my oldest granddaughter, 2 square in a square quilts ready to go together for great nieces and a BOM ready to go together for the niece and nephew. After that I'm not real sure. It's whatever is in the project bins since I'm working on cleaning that up before I have to move.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:19 AM

Hopefully my Wind Waker sea map wall hanging. I'm starting to prepare---bought the game and today I'm going to buy this video chip thing so I can record video of actual gameplay and then transfer it to the computer so I can get stills off it to make templates off of. Should also come in handy for the project of quilted wall hangings replicating the stained glass windows from the same game.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:48 AM

Mine is to finish my late grandmother's top. 3/4's of the way done. Then I'll start on a block swap top that I was in about 7 yrs. (yes you see it right!) ago. Too many crisises came up after the swap ended. Did get the Christmas one tied. We had sooooooo many joined I got TWO quilt tops. "A Hole in my Heart" was my main one. (Churn Dash w/ an appliqued pink heart in the center square in honor of my late SIL who past from breast cancer. She gave me a bunch of pink hearts from a kit she had bought.