Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
Lone Star Table Topper Pattern >

Lone Star Table Topper Pattern

Lone Star Table Topper Pattern

Old 01-21-2011, 09:20 PM

It's 5 color strips for each letter or it depends on wether you just want one color for the center star and a couple more for the center also. I used 5 colors for each letter and set them out and made 5 strada sets and I made my fabric a little bit longer than what she says as I had two stradas that I could not cut 8 strips from after making the stradas. Yes you will be cutting 8 strips from each strada set and then line them up according to how you chose your colors and how you labled them. For instance I labeled mine A,B,C,D,E. Then on the next stradas I went to B,C,D,
E,A then the next one was C,D,E,A,B and the next was D,E,A, B,C and the last was E,A,B,C,D and they lined up just right. Give it a try it'll work out fine. I was a little bit confused too as she said to mae 2 sets, but it is 5 strada sets and 8 strips frome each strada set for the star. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay.....The pattern does say how long and how wide to make the strada strips and the boarders and the squares and the like, but not the yardage.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by MarshaM
I love this table topper.......I keep trying to download the instructions but for some reason my computer will not open it. I do have Microsoft Word Processor and Microsoft Works but still will not open it. Can anyone open it copy it and send it to me in a email.....?

Mine opened up in acrobat reader and I printed it out. If it is a PDF, you have to have acrobat reader to read it. Huggies, Fay
Old 01-22-2011, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbinchick
It's 5 color strips for each letter or it depends on wether you just want one color for the center star and a couple more for the center also. I used 5 colors for each letter and set them out and made 5 strada sets and I made my fabric a little bit longer than what she says as I had two stradas that I could not cut 8 strips from after making the stradas. Yes you will be cutting 8 strips from each strada set and then line them up according to how you chose your colors and how you labled them. For instance I labeled mine A,B,C,D,E. Then on the next stradas I went to B,C,D,
E,A then the next one was C,D,E,A,B and the next was D,E,A, B,C and the last was E,A,B,C,D and they lined up just right. Give it a try it'll work out fine. I was a little bit confused too as she said to mae 2 sets, but it is 5 strada sets and 8 strips frome each strada set for the star. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay.....The pattern does say how long and how wide to make the strada strips and the boarders and the squares and the like, but not the yardage.
Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate.
Yes, I forgot to write how much I used of each fabric....sorry....I just took the fabric I had in my stash and started cutting. I also didn't count the strip sets,I just started with making two of each and then started sewing the star pieces....for sure, I had to make more then only two strip sets....I never cut all strips first,just to keep my scraps as low as possible...I really hope, the tutorial is not to confusing....It was my first one.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by ladyinred
Originally Posted by Bobbinchick
Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate.
Yes, I forgot to write how much I used of each fabric....sorry....I just took the fabric I had in my stash and started cutting. I also didn't count the strip sets,I just started with making two of each and then started sewing the star pieces....for sure, I had to make more then only two strip sets....I never cut all strips first,just to keep my scraps as low as possible...I really hope, the tutorial is not to confusing....It was my first one.
You did a great job on your tutorial. I like the idea of using up what ever scraps and strip pieces you might have for making this. I used 5 fat quarters to make mine and of course the measurement have to be correct to get the 45 degree angle and I couldn't figure out why I could not get 8 strips cut from one of them unless the FQ was not long enough. I used left over fabrics from other stuff for the rest of it. I like this method and it is sure a lot easier than cutting all them little diamonds and piecing them. I put it together and birthed mine last night before going to bed so today I can quilt it Thank you for doing a wonderful tutorial. Oh and I stand corrected, the directions did open in word for me. Senior moment, :lol: :lol: :lol: This lone star is so nice and my Mom likes it and that is great comming from her. Every one have a great day, Huggies, Fay
Old 01-22-2011, 11:21 AM

Great! You make it look so easy. I have lots of Batiks and think I will be trying this one soon. Thank you for the tutorial.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:19 PM

OMG... I am a realitive new quilter and just finished a queen size lone star quilt. By the time I was done- I hated the quilt and thought I had taken on way to much. I was so proud when I finished the star and thought I had it made until I attempted the in set seam back ground. wish I had seen your tute a few days ago.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:21 PM

I realize it sounds stupid - but how do you bookmark something?

thanks

darlene
Old 01-29-2011, 08:13 PM

Go to the top of this page and you will see at the left it says book mark. Just click on it and type in what you want to bookmark and click save. Real easy and helpful remembering all the projects you are going to make in this life time. LOL
Old 01-29-2011, 09:30 PM

okay, really not as stupid as I sound - hit "My Bookmarks" and couldn't find anyplace to type in what I wanted to save.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:55 AM

When you hit bookmark, a window drops down and you type in what you want to save and then click yes or no