Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-10-2011, 10:38 AM

I think you are spot on with the colors. Latte would be pretty light brown...
Old 03-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Banned

great job to all who lost........

the problem is my house in NY was 2300 sq feet plus a basement this house is 980 sq without a basement. it is kind of stuffed like a sausage.

HELP I didn't want to put it under trade or whatever but does anyone have cake or cupcake fabric? I want to make future DIL a birthday qult for her 25 in May. I will buy or trade for it. Let me know. I will take anything even scraps.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:22 AM

Tru

Maybe Elizabeth has her very own fabric stash! You never can tell.

Missy

way to go girl! Is your prius really quiet when you drive it. I had heard that it hardly makes any noise?

Everyone else

Keep up the great work!
Old 03-10-2011, 12:01 PM

Oh my gosh! My oldest daughter walked in the house about an hour ago with two icey chocolate drinks! She is working as a barista in a coffee shop and is always making new things. Well, I haven't made any big anouncement to the family about trying to lose weight so she had no idea. It was a frozen hot chocolate! I tasted it and thanked her, had a few small sips before she left for classes, and now I am headed to the sink to get rid of it! I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings and it was really good. But the best part is, just a couple weeks ago I would have caved in and drank it all!.....but I didn't! We even have oreo truffles and choc covered peanuts in the house that I made 2 weeks ago to clean up left over Christmas baking ingredients and I have only had one of the choc peanuts. Usually if there is chocolate around I can't quit eating it till it is gone. I know with 3 teenagers in the house and my husband I am going to have to just learn to ignore the junk food.

Now I am off the make a yummy grilled chicken salad for lunch.

Tru, I know how you feel. There are 5 of us living in a small house with absolutely no storage! We bought this place looking more at the irrigated pastures for our horses and didn't notice how little storage there was. We also only had one child at the time. I am sure you are already using all of the space in your cabinets and dressers. I don't know if you have any room to do this but one thing I did was buy some bankers boxes from a office supply or apple boxes from a grocery store would work also, just so they are all the same size. I sorted my fabric by colors and marked the boxes. them I stacked a row of them about waist high and covered them with a nice sheet and I have my cutting mat and pressing board on it. It is kind of a pain to get to my fabrics but I don't do that too often so its ok for now. They hold alot of stuff but I don't know if you have an area to do that in. I have a friend that stacked her boxes in a corner and hung curtains on the two sides in the room, when she wants in there she ties the curtains back and it really looks kind of cute. Hope this gives you some ideas.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:21 PM

rita's mom

Nice going with the chocolate.
We were not allowed to waste food when I was little so I guess that's why my waist is so big now I just can't waste, but I'm going to have to learn.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
great job to all who lost........

the problem is my house in NY was 2300 sq feet plus a basement this house is 980 sq without a basement. it is kind of stuffed like a sausage.

HELP I didn't want to put it under trade or whatever but does anyone have cake or cupcake fabric? I want to make future DIL a birthday qult for her 25 in May. I will buy or trade for it. Let me know. I will take anything even scraps.
Tru if you don't find any let me know because I might be able to get some for you.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by ljs317
rita's mom

We were not allowed to waste food when I was little so I guess that's why my waist is so big now I just can't waste, but I'm going to have to learn.
I know, I am the same way. I felt bad doing it and I know she paid for it with her own money, which made me feel worse. But I know if I drank it I would be eating all of the chocolate I could find. It is like a drug to me! :evil:
Old 03-10-2011, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Originally Posted by ljs317
rita's mom

I know, I am the same way. I felt bad doing it and I know she paid for it with her own money, which made me feel worse. But I know if I drank it I would be eating all of the chocolate I could find. It is like a drug to me! :evil:
Rita's mom,
Great job!!! That is wonderful.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 03-10-2011, 03:24 PM

Thequiltmama had some cupcake prints in the Classifieds today. At 6:21 pm there is one piece unsold. Fabric.com had some in December when I thought I needed it.

No chocolate today. I bagged up half a bag of Dove dark hearts to give away. I can't have an opened bag around.
My weight has stabilzed and I'm done with cortisone for a while, so it's time to get serious. After I walk the dogs, I am going to make some cabbage soup. I love the stuff.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
Originally Posted by purplemem
Missy,
I just tried to call you. No answer and no voice mail. :(

Carrie, you are doing great! Taking weight off on steroids is terribly hard to do.

Remclave, you are my shero! What a great effort!

Irish, I'm still trying to decide what to give up for Lent...I know, a day late, but I want it to be real...I'm thinking limiting my computer time to 2 hours a day, AND No second portions, even on salad, AND no carbonated beverages, AND no fabric purchases. God will bless these efforts.

Tru, I think Lowe's would deliver the outdoor storage box to you. That's a good idea. Are your closets completely packed full? What about calling the Salvation Army to send a truck to pick up your donations? Would that give you more room?

You could package it all in BIG boxes, have UPS pick it up, and ship it to somebody. Then we could ship it back after the company leaves.

Missy, you are doing fantastic on your weight loss! Keep it up, girl!
HA HA send me all of your batiks and I will store them for you!!!
I may even store them in some of my quilts. LOL
They will be really safe.
I also help out, I'll even sew them up for you so you don't have to!