Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm >

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

Old 05-12-2012, 07:31 AM
Power Poster

TOMM- Thanks for posting the picture.It's a beautiful quilt. I bet my son-in-law would like one for his mother. He is from Jamaca.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:05 AM

hmmm my zip code ends in 5....and I am west of NY....could it be me?

Originally Posted by catpawski View Post
Tomorrow............two packages are heading their way to the local post office to go to one secret pal with a zip code that ends in 7 .......and another to a secret pal with a zip code that ends in 5............both packages are going west..............since I live in New York most packages go west .. ...or south .....or sometimes east.........not much north of me so I guess packages going north are possible but rare.........................hopefully they will not take 10 days like last month to get to their destination.............................
Old 05-12-2012, 08:09 AM

mailed out my secret pal box today.....she ot lots of goodies in it...her and me have the same favorite color and she is not picky about what she gets in her box ....This package is going West of where I live...Should be there by Tuesday...

I am still waiting for my SP box...wonder what I will get this month....been so busy here have not been able to kep up with all of the posts......wedding in Aug that I am in, trip to Nashbille....and another trip next week to LaCrosse, Wi....thinking about bringing my sewing machine so I have something to do while hubby is playing darts for the state tournament.....
Old 05-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Swap Hosts

Jess, I hope you cheer up. I sure know what it's like to be in a poopy mood. BUT, I just decided that I was going to be happy and that's that.
Pinkwater, sounds like you are having a wonderful day. I have a few more orders to get in the mail and then ... out into the garden I go. Or maybe off to the nursery. I decided that this year I am too overwhelmed with business to do my garden to the extent I once did ... so I am going to put in fruit trees where I once had a whole mix of veggies. I really want dwarf plum and cherries, but DH wants some columnar apple trees. I think there's room for both. But if not, no apples. I really don't like them having grown up with apple orchards and apples in every stinking dish you can imagine. The smell of them makes me nauseous.
Will have to look for Bride and Prejudice. Sounds like fun!

More hints ... my SP has no furbabes. Doesn't want anything gently used (oh, too bad, too bad ... you really would have loved a hard to find item on your favorite topic). Dislikes one of my favorite colors. And doesn't want any candy.

Nothing from my SP today. Happily waiting!
Old 05-12-2012, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by joejoe31 View Post
Really really down today hoping the kids will help pull me outta this glump .....talk to you all later, and marcialee its OK to post a pic of what i sent to you and Iam sure glad your grandaughter liked the card .Hope all is well Ill pary for you all. Jess
Oh Jess....I don't know what your concerns are or the why's of this down "glump" as you say. So I'm sending you sunshine, smiles and quilty hugs.... with the understanding that I understand these kind of days. I hope that the kids pull you out of this temporary glumpiness :0) :0)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]334754[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails onaleebeecareful_froggy_sig_style.gif  
Old 05-12-2012, 08:30 AM

Ok, another package is on the way, once my harried mailman gets here. Since the old ones retired (2 in a row), it seems we've been added on at the end of another route as he never gets here before 6 or 7 PM. Long day for the poor guy and ours is not easy, lots of condo's and door to door stuff.

Another clue for you clue-holocs: I've noted it's N of the Mason Dixon line, that's pretty straight N not NW or Mo N (sorry, gotta confess I have never been there or had any relation to Mo, not that I wouldn't like to but, there ya have it, I have no connection to the Show Me state)

Krystna: I know exactly how you feel. My DH is for the most part a dear. He's stepped up to the bat and taken over cooking, shopping, laundry (well, that was always his), etc. He usually buys me bouquets every week when he grocery shops. But due to his mother never really being appreciative of his gifts, he is not one to buy birthday or anniversary gifts. Had a great aunt once that was like that. Bought her hard candy once. It was the wrong shape...

Anyway, I deal with it by figuring out what I want and getting it for myself. Not as wonderful as a great surprise or a secret dinner or party...but I accept him as he is, and luckily he takes me warts and all too. Big hugs for your anniversary and birthday.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:39 AM

Default Recipient of SP Package from Brenda21

[ATTACH=CONFIG]334755[/ATTACH]
This a BIG THANKS to Brenda21 who sent such a wonderful May SP box to me, as the pictures will show!

Brenda really read my information sheet but she also read between the lines and intuitively sent things that fit my preferences to a 'T'!

They say a picture is worth 1000 words so here is the picture....okay I'll add to it... :0)
Do you see the hummingbird and morning glories fabric ....perfect!!!! I love both hummers and morning glories.
Coffee, coffee, coffee...Now I like coffee as long as it doesn't taste like coffee i,e. I put enough cream and sugar to make it a hot milk shake my DH says. :0)

Mentos gum...love it .... only chew in private as chewing gum I take to the extreme.

English paper piecing and templates including pre-cut fabric squares....Perfect!!!!

Lookie, lookie three luscious FQ's florals and butterflies what's not to like?

Clover binding clips GREAT!!!!

Then the cutest scissors with Brenda's hand made scissor fob...isn't it gorgeous? Made with beads of my favorite colors from pastel pinks to mauve's and finished with a heart charm...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]334759[/ATTACH]

Thank-you Brenda for your thoughtful and generous May SP package!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]334760[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails thanksgoodies-lmg3.gif   may-sp-received-brenda21.jpg   onalee-happy-dance-bear-sandie-tt.gif  
Old 05-12-2012, 08:53 AM

Onalee-I'm so glad that you liked everything! Have to run back over to LQS today and may pick up some of those binding clips for myself Have an awesome weekend!
Old 05-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Swap Hosts

Onalee, what a great package. That Brenda is one in a million!
Greenini, you have a wonderful husband. Wrong shape candy???? Oh please! I think I know what I'd do with that candy!
A couple of months ago I knew that May was coming ... in all its glorious depressing ways ... so I bought myself an Accuquilt Go. Today I am buying some bait and intend to spend the day at the pier fishing. By myself. And I don't care.
I love fishing and haven't had the time to do it for a couple of years so ... if anyone wants breakfast, lunch or dinner, they can come and gut it for themselves! Oh, and DH ... don't bother looking for the car. It will be with me ... full of fishing poles, my tackle box, a cooler for my catch and bait. Your junk will be on the porch.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by greenini View Post
Today was heavy dr's appt day 8 am to 3 pm...good news is another yr cancer free!! And no more osteoporosis drugs for a while...

bad news is while a have a nice pile of goodies for my sp, it's not gotten boxed up yet, but soon, soon, soon...

also no package today...
Wonderful News Girlfriend....sorry it's been a few days since I've been on the thread...but this good news can be happy news anytime we read it. Final mail-out day isn't for a few more days so don't stress!